Manage Candidates - View Profile
You can view the profile and application information for one or more candidates at a time on the applicant carousel. You can also change a candidate's status from the applicant carousel.
To access Manage Candidates, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Applicants: Comments - View||Grants ability to view comments for applicants.||Recruiting|
|Applicants: Status Change||Grants ability to change applicant status for any applicant to whom the user already has access. This permission cannot be constrained.||Recruiting|
Sam is a recruiter at ACME and uses Manage Candidates daily to manage all candidates across all requisitions. Sam is actively looking to fill an Account Manager position. She has three new submissions she would like to review for this requisition, so she filters candidates by that requisition and the status of New Submission. She then selects all candidates and clicks View Resume. This opens the applicant carousel, from which she can view all candidate details and paginate through the selected candidates. For each candidate, suggested referral, and employee, she will see one of the following:
- Resume file and parsed resume details, with the ability to toggle between the two views
- Resume only
- Parsed resume details only
- A LinkedIn card linking Sam to the candidate's LinkedIn profile
- A LinkedIn card and parsed resume details
Sam would also like to view a single candidate's resume. To do this, she can select the candidate and click.
Sam asks many prescreening questions in the Account Manager position, such as years of experience as an account manager.
When viewing a candidate from Manage Candidates, she has direct access to a candidate's prescreening questions and answers. These are displayed below the candidate's resume.
Sam will continue to be able to change a candidate's status directly from the new applicant carousel and can also trigger the add/move to functionality.
Sam is conducting a phone interview for a new position. Before the phone interview, she opens the candidate's applicant carousel on Manage Candidates.
Using the new carousel, Sam views the applicant's resume and takes notes on the candidate.
To view candidate profiles:
- Check the Select All box on the main Manage Candidates page to select all candidates on the page. Or, select individual candidates by checking the box to the left of a candidate's name.
- Click Note: At least one candidate must be selected in order to enable the button. . This opens the applicant carousel.
The applicant carousel is a centralized location where recruiters can evaluate a candidate's application and assess their qualifications. This page is accessed by clickingfrom Manage Candidates or by selecting the status for candidates who are in an New Submissions status.
From the applicant carousel, recruiters can:
- Evaluate the resume and prescreening questions
- Read and write contextual information about the candidate through the Comments feature
- Take actions without navigating to another page
- View and access live video and ondemand video interview information
- Access resume and applicant information for multiple candidates across requisitions
The following information is available from the applicant carousel:
List of Applicants
If two or more candidates were selected on Manage Candidates, then a list of the candidates appears in a panel on the left-side of the applicant carousel. Click a candidate's name to view their resume and application details.
Contact information is only visible if configured by the administrator to be available and not hidden.
Note: The visibility of contact information is also dependent upon anonymous applicant settings.See Applicant Profile Page Overview.
This section displays the name and requisition ID of the job, the application date, and status.
The source the candidate used to apply also appears:
- For candidates who apply via LinkedIn, a link to their 's LinkedIn page appears in the Source field.
- For candidates who were added manually, "Added Manually" appears.
- For candidates who applied via a career site, the name of the career site appears.
- For the Employee Referral source, a tooltip appears next to the source name. Click the tooltip to view:
- Referring employee's name, which appears as a link to their universal profile
- Referring employee's title
- Referring employee's relationship to the candidate
If the candidate uploaded a resume, the resume appears in the Resume section below the Overview section. You can download a PDF of the resume, as well.
For candidates who filled out their resume when completing their application, their resume details appear in this section. When a resume has been parsed, you will be able to view both the resume file and parsed resume details.
When an applicant applies with their LinkedIn resume, this will replace a resume file. An applicant can have both a LinkedIn and parsed resume.
The applicant carousel shows the resume and/or any parsed parsed resume fields that are available for the candidate. The structured resume fields used for Succession > Resume are a subset of the Universal Profile fields.
For internal employees, when they apply to a requisition and choose to use their existing resume on the application, then the structured resume fields from their Universal Profile will populate the application workflow. The internal user could choose to update these values in the resume step on the application and this would also update their Universal Profile. While the full Universal Profile does not appear on the applicant carousel, what is shown are the fields from the employee's Universal Profile that were used to apply to the requisition.
Prescreening Questions Section
Any pre-screening questions that were included in the application appear in the Pre-Screening Questions section. Both the question and the candidate's answer appear.
This section displays if a candidate is in a status for live video or on-demand video interviews.
This section displays all assessments assigned to the applicant and that were part of the application. The completion status, overall score, and date completed displays.
Clickto view the score for individual assessments that are part of an assessment package.
Actions You Can Take
The following actions are available by clicking the three dots in the upper-right corner of the flyout:
- Add/Move to Requisition - See Manage Candidates - Add/Move to Requisition.
- Request Feedback - See the following:
- Manage Flags - See Manage Candidates - Manage Flags.
- Invite to Event - See Manage Candidates - Invite to Event.
- Assign Form - See Manage Candidates - Assign Forms.
- Request Reference Letter - See Manage Candidates - Request Reference Letters.
You can change a candidate's status from the applicant carousel to move the candidate into a different status. To change the status:
- Click in the upper-right corner of the flyout. This opens the Change Status flyout.
- Select the new status from the drop-down in the New Status column. Required statuses cannot be bypassed.
- Select an effective date in the Date column.
- Click Note: Once the status change is saved in the Change Status flyout, the change is saved in Manage Candidates. There are no other steps needed on the applicant carousel to save the status change. . This updates the candidate's status.
Note: Statuses can be defined as required by the administrator when configuring the job requisition template and by the recruiter when configuring the job requisition. Changing a candidate's status can also be done on the main Manage Candidates page. See Manage Candidates - View Profile.
You can enter comments about the candidate in the Comments section. Once you click, your comment appears in the Comments section.
Comments from other users are also available in this section.