Manage Candidates - Give Candidate Feedback
A candidate feedback request is an opportunity for hiring managers and business stakeholders to quickly review candidates for a requisition and provide feedback. The request is sent by a recruiter to any user in the organization from whom they would like to get feedback. The request can be sent at any point in the recruiting process and may include multiple candidates across multiple requisitions.
How do I receive a Feedback Request?
When recruiters ask for feedback on candidates, their request is sent to you by email. The request includes a link to the candidate review cohort page. From the cohort page, you can view a candidate's application details, advance or not advance the candidate, and view other users' feedback if visible. You can also comment about a user, if you have permission to comment.
Each request is considered a separate request. Any required feedback will need to be completed on both requests.
Candidate Review Cohort Page
When you click the feedback link in the feedback request email, you will be directed to a welcome page that includes the following information:
- button for quick access to the feedback page for the first candidate in the list
- Date the feedback request was sent
- Recruiter's message to recipients
- Name of recruiter who requested the feedback
- List of candidates for feedback, which is grouped by requisition and includes the candidate's name and location
When you are viewing a candidate and would like to return to the welcome page, click Show Message.
To view details for the candidate and provide feedback:
- Select a candidate name from the left-side panel. This opens the candidate details. Note: Contact information is only visible if available and not hidden. Considerations are also made for anonymous applicants.See Applicant Profile Page Overview.
- Review the Applicant Summary. This section includes the following information:
- Requisition - This field shows the requisition title and ID.
- Status - This field shows the candidate's current status in the application workflow.
- Application Received - This field shows the date the applicant applied.
- Application Source - This field shows how the applicant applied. For example, if they applied via LinkedIn, then "LinkedIn" appears. If they were manually added, then "Added Manually" appears. If they applied via a career site, then the name of the career site appears.
- Note: For the Employee Referral source, a tooltip appears next to the source name. Click the tooltip to view the referring employee’s name as a link to their universal profile, as well as the referring employee’s title and their relationship to the candidate.
- Review the Resume section, if available. If the candidate uploaded a resume or filled out the resume fields when completing the application, the resume appears in this section. When a candidate’s resume file has been parsed, you will be able to toggle between the two views. You may also be able to download a PDF of the resume.
- Review the Pre-Screening Questions section, if available. Any pre-screening questions that were included in the application appear in this section. Both the question and the candidate's answer appear.
- Review any other sections that are included in the application.
- Enter comments in the Comments section. The comments section is only available if they have been enabled by the system administrator and the recruiter has configured their request to allow comments.
Administrators enable comments by selecting the Allow Comments When Requesting Feedback option in Requisition and Applicant Preferences. See Requisition and Applicant Preferences.
- Select to advance or not advance the candidate. This section is only visible if enabled by the recruiter when creating the request for your feedback. If this section is visible, then you are required to select an advance/don't advance option before you can submit feedback.
- Click to submit your feedback.
Note: Quick-access navigation icons appear to the left of a candidate's name for quick access to additional sections of the application, if additional sections were included in the application.
Comments that have been provided for the candidate by other users appear at the top of the Comments section. For hiring managers, you cannot view comments by other hiring managers unless you have permission to manage private comments.
Note: You can edit your comments after submitting feedback. Any changes you make to your comments will send an email to the recruiter notifying them that your comments have been updated.
Advancing a candidate means you think they should move forward in the application process. Not advancing a candidate means you think they should not progress beyond the current step in the process.
Your advance/don't advance selection will be visible to other reviewers, and their selection will be visible to you. The status of other reviewers' feedback is also visible, letting you know who has and has not submitted feedback
Once you click, your comments appear along with other users who have provided comments. In addition, an email is sent to the recruiter to let them know you submitted feedback. Providing comments is not required.
When requesting feedback, the requester can select to anonymize the applicants. When applicants are anonymized:
- The candidate's name is replaced with a number, and all personal information is redacted from their resume on the candidate cohort page. Note: The anonymized resume attachment can take a few minutes to generate after submitting the feedback request. If you receive an error on the resume attachment, wait a few minutes, and then try again.
- The candidate cohort page displays the candidate's name as a number.
- The word "Hidden" displays in place of the candidate's email address, phone number, and location.
- The candidate's name and contact information are omitted from the resume.