The Hiring Manager role is assigned in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by selecting the user in the Hiring Manager field on the General tab when configuring a job requisition. Hiring managers who are only hiring managers can access many areas of the ATS, including all pages of the job requisition from the Hiring Manager Dashboard, but they cannot edit the job requisition.
Hiring managers are dynamically assigned the hiring manager permission and the permission to review requisitions. See the Security Permissions topic in Online Help for more information about the dynamic hiring manager and requisition reviewer permissions.
Note: For users who are only hiring managers (i.e., they have no other role in the ATS), the Recruit tab does not appear for them until there is at least one applicant for the requisition. Once the Recruit tab appears, the only sublinks in the tab will be and .
Hiring Manager Access and Capabilities
Hiring Managers can do the following in the ATS for applicants who are part of the applicant pool for the requisition:
- Review Applicants Page - Access the Review Applicants page and use all functionality on the page
- Applicant Profile Page - Access the Applicant Profile page with limited functionality:
- Hiring managers cannot change the status of an applicant
- Hiring managers cannot add or view comments on the Comments tab
- Hiring managers can add attachments to the Documents tab
- Hiring Dashboard - Access the Hiring Dashboard page and use all functionality on the page. This includes being able to access all pages of the job requisition as read-only via the Requisitions widget.
- Manage Applicants Page - Access the Manage Applicants page via the Review Applicants page with limited functionality:
- Hiring managers can access the Applicant Profile page for an applicant
- Hiring managers can access the Resume/CV Review page via the Actions drop-down
- Hiring managers can send a Resume/CV Review link via the Actions drop-down
- Hiring managers cannot perform any other actions via the Actions drop-down or perform any other functions on the page, such as sending an applicant an email