Note: If a locator number drop-down appears in the upper-left corner of the tab, then your portal has enabled the ability to configure multiple providers for a session. See Parent Roster - Attendance and Scoring.
The following page contains a quick reference card to guide you through the process of managing the session roster:
In the Parts section, each part within the session displays along with the part date and time. Each part is listed with a part number. The part numbers correspond with the Attendance option boxes in the Attendance and Scoring table. The Parts section is collapsed by default.
In the Users section, click thelink to mark each user as attended for each part of the session. All Attendance option boxes that are unchecked will be selected. Click the link a second time to clear all selected Attendance option boxes. The link is only visible before the administrator or instructor submits the final roster.
If more than twenty users are registered for an instructor-led training (ILT) session, the Attendance and Scoring page of the session roster paginates, and users with permission to manage the roster can navigate through pages of registered users, with up to twenty users displaying per page.
Attendance and Scoring Table
The Attendance and Scoring table displays the following information for each user that is registered for the session:
- User ID - Displays the user ID defined in the user's system record.
- Attendance - An Attendance box appears for each part within the session. These parts are listed in the Parts section above the table. For each part, select whether or not the user was in attendance. For example, if a user attended part 1 and 3 for a session, but missed part 2, select the Attendance box for 1 and 3, but not 2. Attendance can only be edited before the final roster is submitted. Once the final roster is submitted, all attendance is final. Click the Check/Uncheck All link to select or deselect all attendance boxes.
- If a user has none of the Attendance checkboxes selected for a session, their training status is No Show when the roster is submitted and their cost center is charged for the No Show penalty if applicable.
- If a user is not marked as attending the minimum number of required parts, their training status is Incomplete when the roster is submitted.
- Score - In this field, enter the user's score for the session. This value must be an integer. These scores appear on the Roster tab in the Score column. Scores can only be edited before the final roster is submitted. Once the final roster is submitted, all scores are final. Scores are visible to users on their training details page.
- Pass - Select this option to indicate the user has achieved a passing score for the session. When the final roster is submitted, if this option is selected, the Pass/Fail column on the Roster tab displays Pass, otherwise it displays Fail. The Pass option can only be edited before the final roster is submitted. Once the final roster submitted, the Pass option is final. If the Pass checkbox is not selected for a user, their training status is Incomplete when the roster is submitted.
The Session Completion column displays the date on which the user completed the session. In ILT Preferences, administrators are able to configure the logic that determines the completion date for sessions. This column is visible to all users who have permission to view or manage the session roster.
- When the administrator has configured the session completion date to be the date on which the session roster is submitted, then the Session Completion column displays "Pending" until the roster is submitted.
- Administrators who have permission to manage the roster have access to an Edit icon to the right of the session completion date. See the Session Completion - Edit section below for additional information.
Session Completion - Edit
To edit the session completion date for a user, click the Edit icon to the right of the user's session completion date. The session completion date can be set to any date, even if the date is before the session start date or after the session end date.
After selecting the appropriate date, click the Save icon to the right of the Session Completion date. Then, click the Important: The updated session completion date is not saved until the entire roster is saved. In addition, the user's transcript is not updated until the roster is submitted.button at the bottom of the page to save the entire roster.
Once the session roster is submitted, the user's transcript is updated with the new session completion date. However, administrators may edit the user's session completion date and submit the roster multiple times, if necessary.
Save or Update
Click Save or Update Attendance to save any changes made to the attendance and scoring (the button is labeled Save for WebCasts, otherwise it is labeled Update Attendance). The button is available as soon as at least one user is registered for the session, and remains available even after the final roster is submitted. No Show penalties are not charged at this time.
Click Submit Roster to finalize the roster attendance and scores. The Submit Roster button is available immediately after the last part of the session is concluded. Once this button is clicked, all user statuses for the session are updated and appear on the user's transcript record. No Show penalties are charged at this time if the user did not attend any parts.
- If the administrator adds a part after the roster is submitted, those parts appear for the user, but shows that the user has not completed the additional part. The administrator cannot mark the user as attended for the additional part if the user is complete. The attendance status for the new part after the roster is submitted does not change the status for users who already have a Completed status, but does affect the status for users who do not have a Completed status.
- For WebCasts, the Submit Roster for Completed Users button displays before session completion but only after enough parts have been completed for the session to have a status of Complete on a user's transcript. For example, a weekly training session has 52 parts, and 26 parts are required for completion of the session. After the first 26 parts have occurred, the Submit Roster for Completed Users button displays and continues to display until the completion of all 52 parts. Upon completion, the button name changes to Submit Roster.
Submit Roster for Completed Users
For WebCasts, the Submit Roster for Completed Users button displays before session completion but only after enough parts have been completed for the session to have a status of Complete on a user's transcript. For example, a weekly training session has 52 parts, and 26 parts are required for completion of the session. After the first 26 parts have occurred, the Submit Roster for Completed Users button displays and continues to display until the completion of all 52 parts. Upon completion, the button name changes to Submit Roster.
- To update the status of users who have completed all required parts before session completion, click Submit Roster for Completed Users. This changes the status of the learning object in the user's transcript to Completed.
- Once a session is completed and the Submit Roster for Completed Users button changes to Submit Roster, you can submit the roster and update user status based on attendance by clicking Submit Roster.
Mark Users as Attended without being Registered
To mark a user as having attended a session for which they were not registered, create a new learning assignment and on the Options step, select the Completed option. Use caution when assigning a user as completed, because this cannot be changed.
Revert Completed Status
Once the roster is submitted and processed, a user's Completed status can be reversed from the Attendance and Scoring tab. See Session Roster - Attendance and Scoring - Revert Completed Status.
- Withdrawal penalties are billed to the user (or their cost center) at the session start date. See Session Withdraw Penalties for additional information on when session withdraw penalties are charged.
- No Show penalties are billed to the user (or their cost center) when the Submit Roster button is clicked.
To retrieve the most up-to-date attendance on demand, click the See WebEx Attendance Troubleshooting.button. This attendance retrieval also updates the user's transcripts accordingly once the instructor submits the roster.
To retrieve the most up-to-date attendance and scoring information, click thebutton. This functionality is only available if Citrix is configured for your portal.
MS Lync Sessions
- When the roster is submitted, MS Lync will automatically select the Attendance option for all users who launched the session, even if the instructor had previously unchecked the Attendance for a user. Therefore, it is recommended that administrators and instructors always click the upon viewing the Roster page.
- When the
button is clicked, the system populates the attendance data with data from MS Lync to indicate which users attended the MS Lync session. This indicates that the user launched the session, but it does not indicate that the user attended the entire session.
- If a user is marked as attended for a MS Lync session, administrators should not unselect the Attendance option for the user because MS Lync will reselect the option when the roster is submitted.
- Administrators can select the Attendance option for any users who were not marked as attended by MS Lync.
- The roster cannot populate the pass/fail data with data from MS Lync. Administrators or instructors must manually update this information.