All the same Learning Details features available to other training types are also available to events and sessions, but additional features and considerations apply to event and session training items.
Select a Session
In the Actions Card of the Learning Details page, the primary action for the training item displays as a button. If a user accesses the Learning Details page for an event and the user has not already registered for a session of the event, a button displays. Clicking this button automatically scrolls the user to the Upcoming Sessions section on the page, where the user can choose and register for a session.
On the Learning Details page for events, an Upcoming Sessions section displays. The Upcoming Sessions section contains the following features:
- Sort drop-down - This drop-down allows the user to sort the sessions according to selected criteria. For example, the sessions can be sorted by date.
- Total number of sessions - The total number of sessions currently available for the event displays.
- Dates - The date on which the session will occur displays to the left of the session.
- Registration Deadline - A registration deadline alert displays next for sessions with a registration deadline in the Upcoming Sessions section. If a session does not have a registration deadline configured, this text does not display.
- Sessions - Each session displays with the following information and options:
- Title - This is the title of the session.
- Date and Time - This field displays the day of the week, date, time, and time zone of the session.
- Location - This field displays the location of the session.
- Available Languages - Any languages supported by the session display as tags.
- Price - If the session has a price, the price displays above the button. Event and session prices display with a strikethrough if the user viewing the page has the event or session included in a subscription. The strikethrough helps make it clear to the user that they do not need to pay the standard price for the event or session, as it is already included in their subscription.
Button - The action button provides access to any available actions for the session. The following actions may be available:
- View Details - Clicking this option opens the Session flyout, where training details about the session display. Metadata about the session is available in the Session flyout, along with any associated prerequisites, pre-work, or post-work.
- Select a Session - This option allows the user to select the session and add it to their transcript.
- Add to Waitlist - If a session is full, an option displays for the session. If a user clicks the link, they are immediately placed on the waitlist for the session, and the user is redirected to their transcript. The waitlist will be managed by the system in the manner configured by the administrator who created the event.
- View Roster - This option is available for administrators and ILT instructors when they view their sessions. Click the link to be redirected to the Roster page for the session within the same browser window. For more information about managing a session roster: See Session Roster - Roster Tab.
- To be notified when new sessions are added for the event, the user can click the link, which is located in the Options drop-down menu for the session. This navigates the user to the Interest Tracking page, and the user can specify that they would like to be notified when new sessions are added to the event.
- Note: The "ILT Session Becomes Available" email must be configured via Email Administration in order for users to be notified via email when a new session is available for an event in which they are interested.
- Note: If Interest Tracking is not enabled via ILT Preferences, the Notify Me of New Sessions link does not display.
Register - Clicking this option registers the user for the session.
Add to Waitlist - Clicking this option adds the user directly to the waitlist for the session.
Withdraw - Clicking this option withdraws the user from a session that the user is already registered for.
Save for Later/Remove from Saved - Clicking this option saves the session for later on the user's Learner Home page, or removes the session from the user's Learner Home page if it had already been saved.
Add to Playlist - Clicking this option triggers the playlist flyout, which allows the user to add the session to an existing playlist a new playlist.
- Seats Available - The number of currently registered users displays with the total number of seats available. If no seats are currently available, the phrase "No seats available" displays.
Status - If the user is registered for the session, the user’s transcript status displays below the Action button instead of the number of spaces left in the session.
Note: Only sessions available to the user will display, meaning Availability Criteria and Advance Registration settings will be respected, so it is possible not all sessions in the portal will display to the user.
The Session flyout is opened by clicking the Note: Pre-work and post-work for sessions are not currently supported by the Session flyout.button for the session on the Learning Details page for the event. The Session flyout displays training details and metadata for the session, training contact information, and any prerequisites.
If the user viewing the flyout is able to assign training, thebutton displays at the bottom of the flyout. The primary action button displays the primary action available for the session, and additional options may be accessible by clicking the drop-down menu on the right side of the button. For more information about the actions available via the Learning Details page: See Learning Details Page Enhancements.
Notify Me When New Sessions Are Available
To be notified when new sessions are added for the event, the user can click the Note: The ILT Session Becomes Available email must be configured via Email Administration in order for users to be notified via email when a new session is available for an event in which they are interested.link. This link, along with a zero state image, displays when no sessions are currently available.
Users can generate an exception request when a session they are requesting has prerequisite training that the user has neither requested nor completed.
If a user requests a session with prerequisites, but the user has not yet requested or completed the prerequisites, a pop-up appears. The pop-up asks the user if they would like to submit an exception request for the session's prerequisites. The user can select from the following options:
- - If the user clicks this option, an exception request is generated for the prerequisite. The exemption request will be sent to administrators with permission to manage exemption requests, who can then approve or deny the request.
- - If the user clicks this option, the pop-up closes and no action is performed.
For more information about exception requests: See Exception Requests.
For more information about approving and denying exception requests as an administrator: See Grant/Deny Requests.
Session Scheduling Conflict Pop-Up
A pop-up displays when a learner attempts to register for a session that conflicts with the time and date of another session for which they are already registered. This allows the learner to decide if they want to register for the session despite the conflict or stop the registration process for the new session.
If the learner would like to cancel their registration request, they can click thebutton in the upper-right corner of the pop-up. If the learner would like to proceed with registering for the training despite the scheduling conflict, they can click the button. The registration request will be completed, and the user will have multiple sessions scheduled for the same time on their transcript.
One Waitlist Per Person Pop-Up
When a learner is already on the waitlist for an instructor-led training (ILT) session and then the learner attempts to add themselves to the waitlist for another session within the same event, a notification appears, stating that the event is limited to one waitlist per person. The learner must then acknowledge that if they proceed, they will be removed from the other waitlist.
If the user clicks thebutton, they will be removed from the waitlist they were already on, and then they will be added to the waitlist for the selected session of the event.
Note: This behavior only applies in portals where the ILT Preference setting Limit Users to One Waitlist Per Person is configured. See ILT Preferences - General.
The following considerations apply to the Learning Details page for events and sessions:
- Sessions Display - The Upcoming Sessions list for an event now displays all sessions available to the user
- link - This link, which is available for the legacy Event Details page, is NOT available when viewing the new Learning Details page for an event