Users generate an exception request when they request a session for which they have not met the prerequisites or do not meet the session's availability criteria. If the administrator sets the prerequisite to be completed before the user registers, the user will generate an exception request if the prerequisite is not completed at the time of the request.
To access the Exception Requests page:
- Go to ILT > Manage Events & Sessions. Then, click the button.
- Navigate to a session and click the View Roster icon. On the Roster page, click the link. This link is only available if there are exception requests for the session.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Exceptions - View||Grants view-only access to instructor led training exception requests, via the ILT Events and Session screen. This permission works in conjunction with the Events - View permission. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
Helpful Hints - Exception Requests
- Proxy enrollment bypasses all prerequisite and availability requirements and will register a user without generating an exception request.
- Users do not generate an exception request until the training request is approved by their approver or manager.
- The training status will automatically change from Pending to Exception Requested when the training request is approved.
- The exception request is usually performed by another user: the training request is granted by the manager or approver, whereas the exception request is granted by the instructor or session administrator.
- All users with Exception Requested status have already been approved.
- If the administrator sets the prerequisite to be registered before the user registers for the session and completed before the session start date, the user will generate an exception request if they are not registered for the prerequisite at the time of the request. If the user is registered for the prerequisites but has not completed it, they can register without generating an exception request. The training status will be Pending Prerequisite when the user registers and that user will be added to the roster. Users with Pending Prerequisite status are automatically withdrawn on the session start date if they have not completed the prerequisite by then.
- Users generate an exception request when they request a session that is only open for advanced registration and the user is not eligible for advanced registration because they were not on the interest tracking list at the time the session was created.
- When a user's status changes to Exception Requested, the Exception Request email is triggered (if activated).
- If a user requests a session that will generate an exception request, they are notified of this on the Event Summary or Session Details pages at the time of requesting the course.
- The notification will display the reason for the exception.
- Once an exception request is generated it can only be removed by granting or denying the request, or by the user withdrawing the request by clicking on the link on the transcript.
- If a user completes the prerequisites or subsequently gains availability for this session, their status remains Exception Requested. The system retroactively verifies and updates exceptions.
- To change the status to Registered, the user must withdraw the exception request by clicking on from the transcript, and then request the Session again, after having met the requirements or receiving availability. If the user was previously approved for the class, the approval process is bypassed, and the training status automatically changes to Registered or Waitlisted upon requesting the session.
- If an exception is granted for a prerequisite and the user successfully registers for the class, the prerequisite is listed as Already Exempted.
- Granting an exception request does not automatically register the user or bypass the waitlist for a session.