To create an ILT event session, go to. Search for the appropriate event and in the Options column next to the event, click the View Sessions icon . To create a new session, you can do so via one of the following options:
- Click to create a new session.
- Click Copy icon to create a copy of an existing session which can be changed or edited and saved as a new session.
- Click Edit icon to modify an existing session.
Design Note: An updated interface is available for this page, which can be enabled by administrators in Feature Activation Preferences. With the new design, the functionality of the page is unchanged.
If the primary vendor has been changed for the event, you can select which provider to use when creating new sessions from scratch. You can do this by clicking the linked name of the provider near the top of the sessions page. Or you can select the provider from the Select session provider before creating a new session drop-down and then click . The providers that are available to select are providers who have been tied to the event historically. In addition, the only available providers are those that fall within the your constraints for the Sessions - Create permission.
Note: The vendor for an event can only be changed if the Enable to change provider for events option is checked in ILT Preferences. In addition, the Enable to select provider when creating sessions option must also be checked in ILT Preferences in order for the provider to be selected when creating new sessions from scratch.
Note: If only one provider has been configured for the event, then no other providers are available in the drop-down.
Note: Only the sessions for which you have the availability to view display.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|ILT Schedule Part Occurrence||Allows the admin to create more than one ILT session schedule part at the same time using a part occurrence schedule wizard. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Sessions - Cancel||Grants ability to cancel instructor led training sessions. This permission works in conjunction with Events - View and Sessions - View permissions. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Sessions - Edit||Grants ability to edit/update existing instructor led training sessions. This permission works in conjunction with Events - View and Sessions - View permissions. Administrators can only edit sessions for which they have the availability to view and edit. When adding users to a session in which the session roster is full, this permission grants the ability to increase the session's available seats. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, Instructor, User as Instructor, Facility, Facilities Owned by User, ILT Provider, User's ILT Provider, User, and User Self and Subordinates. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Sessions - View||
Grants view-only access to instructor led training sessions, enabling the user to view all details/options that were selected when the session was created. This permission works in conjunction with the Events - View permission. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, Instructor, Facility, Facilities Owned by User, ILT Provider, User's ILT Provider, User, User as Instructor, and User Self and Subordinates. This is an administrator permission.
|Learning - Administration|
The session creation process includes the following steps:
- Parts Schedule
- Virtual Configuration - This section is only available when creating a session for a Citrix event.
- Training Units
The following page contains a quick reference card to guide you through the process of creating a session:
Tips and Tricks
- Users accessing this page can only see the facilities that they have permission and constraints to view.
- Users accessing this page can only see the instructors that they have permission and constraints to view.
- Sessions are listed on the Events Calendar after they are created.
The session defaults when creating an event are initially configured via ILT Preferences and are client-specific. You may or may not see all session defaults in your portal.
- If Allow waitlists is not selected for a session, users will be denied when they register for a session that has no seats available.
- If Allow Auto-management of Waitlist/Grant waitlist opening to all users at once for first come first served registration is enabled, an administrator can still manually grant a waitlist one user at a time
- If the opening is granted to all, then the waitlist acceptance deadline is not enforced in order to avoid the possibility of having every user on the waitlist denied.
- If the Auto-Register feature is not on, then a user who is granted an opening will have their status changed to Registration Pending with the option to Register. The Grant Waitlist Request email trigger may be set up to notify this user, their manager, and the session administrators that the opening was granted.
- If a user does not register for a session before the waitlist acceptance deadline passes, their status will automatically change to Denied and the opening will be granted to the next user on the waitlist, if auto-management is on. An email trigger may be activated to notify the user of the waitlist acceptance deadline. A tag may also be added to the Waitlist Opening Granted email to let them know the deadline.
- The purpose of having the waitlist expire before the registration deadline is that it creates a period when all users (on the waitlist or off) can register on a first come first served basis for open seats. This will reduce the risk of having open seats on the session start date.
- An email trigger may be set up to notify users with Waitlist Expired status when a seat becomes available before the registration deadline.
- Users with waitlist expired status will have the option to Register or Select Session. If they attempt to register for a class that is full, they will not be denied, they will just see a message that tells them the class is full and that they may attempt to register for open seats when they become available.
Costs, Refunds & Penalty
Costs per Session are not displayed to the users. These costs are only used for reporting purposes to view the summary of total costs across certain division or during specified time periods. This data is found in the Session Cost Report under ILT Admin reports.
All refunds and withdraw or no-show penalties are billed to the user (or their cost center) on the session registration date.
If the Always refund withdrawal penalties if withdrawn user's place is filled preference on the Corporate ILT Preferences page is selected, then withdrawn users will have their penalties refunded in the order that their seats are filled.
Prerequisite, Pre-Work & Post-Work
If a user has not completed (or registered for) the session prerequisites, they will generate an exception request. Their status will be Exception Requested, and if activated emails will be sent and they will not have the option to register until the exception is granted.
Instructors and session administrators may exempt students from Pre-work or Post-work from the Session Roster. See Session Roster Overview.
Administrators can choose to display a training contact for event and sessions. The event contact will default to the person scheduling the Event, but can be overridden. The session contact will default to the person scheduling the Session, but can also be overridden. These contacts will be displayed to the users when they search for the training, with their phone numbers, fax numbers, and email addresses listed.
- When this field is activated, events that have been created in the past will not have anybody listed in the training contact field. Editing an event without a contact will not default the contact field with the person performing the editing.
During the advanced registration period, users who are not on the interest tracking list for the event and location (or a parent of that location), at the time the event was created, will see that session as unavailable to them.
- Users who subsequently join the interest tracking list will not be invited to join an advanced registration period that has already started. These users will still see the session as unavailable to them.
- Users join the interest tracking list from the Event Summary page (when they search for an event) and click the link.
- If the Add users on the waitlist to the interest tracking list for that event and location preference is checked on the Corporate ILT Preferences page, then users who are waitlisted for other sessions for this event and location are eligible for advanced registration. These users join the interest tracking list as soon as they are added to the waitlist.
- The Advanced Registration email trigger may be activated to notify users that they are eligible for advanced registration.
If enrollment restrictions are placed on organizational units, the number of seats available to a user differs depending on the maximum registration defined for the OU, and the number of users currently registered from their organizational unit (OU).
If enrollment restrictions are placed on organizational units, then users whose organizational units have 0 seats available will be added to the waitlist.
- There may be users on the waitlist when there are seats available for users from other OUs.
- When the auto-management feature is on, the system will automatically check the OU availability for each user on the waitlist and only grant the opening to users who have seats available in their OU.
For users in multiple OUs, if one of their OUs reaches the maximum enrollment allowed, they cannot register for the session. Even if one of the other OUs they are in has not reached the maximum enrollment allowed, they cannot register. They are placed on the waitlist, if waitlisting is configured, or an exception request must be granted in order for them to register.