Use the Review Section page to determine if a section contains goals, competencies, or Rating Scale, and response questions. Custom Fields may be added to any section, except Sign-Off sections. Rating Scale and/or Text Response questions may be added to sections containing goals and competencies. Suggested comments may be added to each Rating Scale question. Weights can be applied to each free form question. When entering the directions for a section, you may insert tags that are replaced with information about the employee reviewed or with links to that employee's performance data.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
The options that are visible on this page are determined by the section that is selected from the Type drop-down list. Some sections are only available if you are also using the associated functionality in the system.
- The Competency section is only used if also using the Competency functionality and have previously created competency models in the system.
- The Competency Assessment section is only used if also using the Competency functionality and have previously created review-based competency assessment tasks in the system.
- The Goals section is only applicable if also using the Goals functionality.
The following options are available:
- Name - Enter a name that helps identify the section. The character limit for this field is 50. If multiple languages are available for the portal, the section name can be localized by clicking the Translate icon to the right of the field.
- Type - Select the section type. Based on your selection, the various sections are populated accordingly. Once the section is created, the section type cannot be edited. The available Section Types are:
- Competency Assessment - Include a competency assessment in a performance review task and can be used in standard and off-cycle performance review tasks. See Create Review Section - Competency Assessment.
- Competency - Include competencies in a review, allowing reviewers and reviewees to rate and comment on how the user has performed on the selected competencies during the review period. See Create Review Section - Competency.
- Development Plan - Add training and action steps to a development plan for the reviewee while completing the performance review task. See Create Review Section - Development Plan.
- Evidence Collection - Enable reviewers to input or upload materials that provide evidence to support competencies. See Review Section - Create - Evidence Collection.
- Goal Planning - Set goals for the next period within the performance review. See Create Review Section - Goal Planning.
- Goal Rating - Rate the employee's performance against approved goals that fall within the performance review period. See Create Review Section - Goal Review.
- Question List - Contains basic questions about the employee's overall performance with a rating scale. See Create Review Section - Question List.
- Sign Off - Include signature lines in a printed copy of the review or allow reviewers to type their name into the review itself and "electronically sign" and date the review in the system. See Create Review Section - Sign Off.