Goals that are created within a Goal Planning section are automatically approved when the performance review is completed.
Best Practice: When using this section in the performance review and goal creation requires approval, it is a best practice to assign the goal planning section to the employee first to fill out their goals for the future period. Then, include the same goal planning section in a following manager review step to allow the manager to edit or remove goals that were added by the employee or add additional goals. Thus once the review is completed, both the employee and manager have reviewed the future goals and these goals are automatically approved when the performance review is completed.
Once the review is complete, the goals appear in the Goals module for the user and are automatically approved. The review must be completed before these goals appear on the module. For every step that includes this section, the step assignee can add, edit, or remove goals that were added by a previous reviewer or the user if that step assignee has the Edit section privilege for their assigned review step.
To create a performance review section, go to. Then, click the link.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
- Directions - Enter directions that appear to the reviewers at the top of the performance review section. The character limit for this field is 3000 characters. To see a list of available tags that can be used in the directions, click the View Employee Custom Tags link. When utilized in the directions, the tags are automatically replaced with a hyperlink on the review form, similar to the way email tags work. HTML can be used. Only certain HTML tags will be rendered. All other tags will not be rendered and the tags will display as text. See Safe Listed Customizable Elements. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Category - Select the appropriate category from the drop-down.
- Include current goals whose period overlaps the Performance Review Period - Select this option to include a user's current existing goals in a Goal Planning section. When this option is selected, the user's current existing goals are displayed in the Goal Planning section. This includes current existing goals whose period overlaps the Performance Review period. If a goal approval workflow is in place, only goals that are approved appear in the Goal Planning section.
- If current goals are displayed in the Goal Planning section, the reviewer can view the reviewee's goals. Depending on the goal configuration and if the reviewer has the appropriate permissions, the reviewer may be able to modify or cancel existing goals from within the Goal Planning section.
- Include shared goals whose period overlaps the performance review period - When this option is selected, the goal planning section displays the reviewee's shared goals that overlap with the performance review period. Shared goals are read-only. If shared goals and goal weight validation are displayed on the goal planning section, then the shared goals are included in the goal weight percentage, and the total goal weight should not exceed 100%.
- Include goal weight validation informing all goals should add up to 100% - When this option is selected, the goal planning section displays a total goal weight percentage of both individual and shared goals. If shared goals are not displayed on the goal planning section, then they do not factor in to the total goal weight percentage.
This section displays the custom fields that are included in the section. To add a custom field, in the Custom Fields section, click the Note: The Custom Fields section is only available if the administrator has availability to at least one custom field.link. The Select Fields pop-up opens.
Click the option box to the left of the field title to select the field. You can also search for a custom field by title using the Search field. Note: Only custom fields that are available to the user appear in the list. After selecting the appropriate custom fields, click . Up to 100 custom fields can be selected.
- After custom fields are added to the review form section, you can reorder them by dragging and dropping them into the appropriate order.
- Select the Required option to require users to complete the custom field.
- Click the Remove icon to remove any custom fields from the section.
When editing a review section that already contains custom fields, all custom fields that have been added to the section appear to the administrator, regardless of the availability of the custom fields. Administrators can also reorder or delete any fields that have been added to the section, regardless of the availability of the custom fields.
Custom fields that are added to the review section only appear to the reviewer or reviewee in the review if they are within the availability of the custom field.
Default Goal Period
This section enables administrators to define the default goal period for any goals that are added within this section of the performance review.
- Start Date - Set the default start date for the goal. User can edit this during the review.
- Target Date - Set the default target date for the goal. User can edit this during the review.
Click thebutton to save the performance review section.