To create a performance review section, go to. Then, click the link.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
The following page contains a troubleshooting guide for administrators for goals that are not appearing in a performance review:
- Directions - Enter directions that appear to the reviewers at the top of the performance review section. The character limit for this field is 3000 characters. To see a list of available tags that can be used in the directions, click the View Employee Custom Tags link. When utilized in the directions, the tags are automatically replaced with a hyperlink on the review form, similar to the way email tags work. HTML can be used. Only certain HTML tags will be rendered. All other tags will not be rendered and the tags will display as text. See the Whitelisted Customizable Elements topic in Online Help for more information. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Category - Select the appropriate category from the drop-down.
This section displays the default rating scale for the section along with options related to the rating scale. Default section rating scales are automatically pulled into each new performance review, but can be modified for each performance review.
Click the Edit icon to modify the default rating scale. See Define Performance Review Section Rating Scale.
- Display Rating Scale - Select this option to display the rating scale to users.
- Hide Rating Scale - Select this option to hide the rating scale from users.
- Display Scores to End Users - Select this option to display the scores along with the rating.
Each rating scale question on the review contains a drop-down that displays the rating. The score is also displayed if the Display Scores to End Users option is selected.
If a score interval of 0.5 or 0.1 is selected, then a text box appears in the section, rather than a rating scale drop-down list.
An Automated Goal Rating Status Indicator displays at the top of this section to indicate whether automated goal ratings are enabled or disabled for the section.
This section is only available when the new performance reviews user interface (UI) is enabled.
The Rating Method section is only active when the score interval for the rating scale is 1.0. If a score interval other than 1.0 is selected for the section rating scale, the Rating Method options are disabled and a text input rating option is implemented for the section.
Select the appropriate rating method for the performance review section:
- Drop-Down Rating - When this option is selected, reviewers select a rating from a drop-down for the section.
- Star Rating Scale - When this option is selected, reviewers select a star rating for the section.
This section displays the custom fields that are included in the section. To add a custom field, in the Custom Fields section, click the Note: The Custom Fields section is only available if the administrator has availability to at least one custom field.link. The Select Fields pop-up opens.
Click the option box to the left of the field title to select the field. You can also search for a custom field by title using the Search field. Note: Only custom fields that are available to the user appear in the list. After selecting the appropriate custom fields, click . Up to 100 custom fields can be selected.
- After custom fields are added to the review form section, you can reorder them by dragging and dropping them into the appropriate order.
- Select the Required option to require users to complete the custom field.
- Click the Remove icon to remove any custom fields from the section.
When editing a review section that already contains custom fields, all custom fields that have been added to the section appear to the administrator, regardless of the availability of the custom fields. Administrators can also reorder or delete any fields that have been added to the section, regardless of the availability of the custom fields.
Custom fields that are added to the review section only appear to the reviewer or reviewee in the review if they are within the availability of the custom field.
- Filter by Perspective - Filter the goals by perspective by selecting it from the drop-down list.
- Use the goal "Weight" as the weight for each goal - Select this option to use the weight associated with each goal as the goal weight within this section.
- Display Goal Weights on Review - Select this option to display the weights associated with each goal on the printable version of the review. For example, if one goal carries more weight than another, then after users have completed their review and they view the printable version, they can see the corresponding weights for each goal.
- Note: If the reviewer has the Weight goals section right enabled for their review step, then the goals weight appears to that reviewer on the online review despite this option.
- Allow goal progress updates in Review - This option is selected by default. When this option is selected, reviewers can to manage goals directly from the Goal Rating section. This enables the reviewer to quickly update the goal progress without exiting the performance review.
- Include Feedback responses on Goals in Review - When this option is selected, feedback that has been obtained on goals is imported into the review section. This option is unselected by default.
- Display weighted goal achievement progress - When this option is selected, the user’s overall weighted goal achievement progress is displayed within the Goal Rating section of the review. When the Automatically calculate section rating option is selected in the rating scale, this option is automatically selected and cannot be unselected.
This section only applies if this section also contains questions.
- Total Goal Weight - Enter the weight for the goals with respect to the questions in this section. Depending on the backend setting, the weight percentage field may accept up to two decimal places.
- Total Question Weight - Enter the weight for the questions with respect to the goals in this section. Depending on the backend setting, the weight percentage field may accept up to two decimal places.
The Total Goal Weight and Total Question Weight must total 100%.
- Display Question Numbers on Review - Select this option to display question numbers next to each question on the review.
- Display Question Weights on the Print Version of the Review - Select this option to display the question weights associated with each question on the printable version of the review. For example, if one question carries more weight than another, then after users have completed their review and they view the printable version, they can see the corresponding weights for each question.
Considerations for Auto-Calculation of Section Ratings
If the section is configured to automatically calculate section ratings based on goal achievement progress, then in the Question Settings section the Total Goal Weight field is set to 0%, and the Total Question Weight field is set to 100%. The Display Question Numbers on Review option is unselected, and the Display Question Weights on the Print Version of the Review option is selected. These values cannot be modified.
To add a question to the section, click the Add Question icon, which opens the Add Questions window. From the Add Questions window, select an existing question from the question bank or create a new question. The character limit for questions is 2000. On the Add Questions window, click Done when you have selected the appropriate questions.
Once questions are added, reorder them using the up and down arrows.
Determine which questions are optional and which are required by selecting the Response Required option.
Enter a weight for each question in the Weight column. All question weights must total 100%. If all questions are text only, the Weights column is disabled. Depending on the backend setting, the weight percentage fields may accept up to two decimal places.
Preview, Edit, or Delete a question using the appropriate icon.
Considerations for Auto-Calculation of Section Ratings
If the section is configured to automatically calculate section ratings based on goal achievement progress, then a question is automatically added to the Questions section. This question is titled “Automated Goal Rating,” it is set to be required, the weight is set to 100%, and the question settings cannot be edited. The weight of all other questions is set to 0%, and this question cannot be edited, previewed, or deleted.
If the option to automatically calculate section ratings based on goal achievement progress is selected and then unselected, then the Automated Goal Rating question is removed, and all fields that were previously read-only become editable.
Click thebutton to save the performance review section.