Apply with LinkedIn (with Apply Starters) - Overview
Apply with LinkedIn (with Apply Starters) is a plugin that you can implement on your career site, enabling candidates to apply with their LinkedIn profiles in the application workflow. When applying with LinkedIn, a job seeker's profile information instantly populates the resume fields and gets sent directly to the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) upon submission. This makes for a fast and easy candidate experience.
Recruiters can easily view an applicant's LinkedIn profile, getting access to valuable information that cannot always be found on a resume.
Apply with LinkedIn (with Apply Starters) is an evolution to the original plugin and differs from the previous Apply with LinkedIn integration in two significant ways:
- Connect with Applicants Who Start an Application - Candidates who start but do not complete the application are surfaced as an “Apply Starter” in LinkedIn Recruiter. These candidates have a significantly higher InMail response rate. Recruiters can connect with interested job seekers by messaging those who have started but not completed an application.
- Increased Conversion Rate - In the previous version of Apply with LinkedIn, candidates would need to log in to their LinkedIn account to “authenticate” on that customer’s career page, which led to drop-off. With the new Apply with LinkedIn, this additional step of logging in to LinkedIn to complete the application is removed if they have an active LinkedIn cookie ties to their session. This update to Apply with LinkedIn ensures a higher rate of completed applications.
Select this link to download the Apply with LinkedIn (with Apply Starters) Starter Guide.
Features of Apply with LinkedIn (with Apply Starters)
- As an administrator who has a LinkedIn Recruiter contract, I would like the ability to support the new LinkedIn integration in my mobile-friendly application workflow so that more applicants complete the application.
- As an administrator who has both the new and old Apply with LinkedIn integration, I would like to use the new integration on mobile-friendly application workflows and the old integration on standard application workflows because that is what is supported.
- As an administrator who only has the new Apply with LinkedIn (with Apply Starters) integration, I would like to know that it is only functional on mobile-friendly experiences in the career site settings so that I know all dependencies.
- As a candidate, I would like the ability to upload my resume in an application via my LinkedIn profile so that it saves me multiple steps in the application and makes it easier to submit my application.
- As a candidate, I would like my LinkedIn profile to prefill my resume details so that I can quickly complete and submit the application.
- As an administrator, I would like to know why I cannot move an applicant to a new requisition on their profile so that I know the system is not broken. There will be a notification that says this applicant has applied with LinkedIn.
- As a recruiter, if I try to move multiple candidates at once to a new requisition, I will be notified that the LinkedIn candidates were not moved. An explanation will be included that lets me know that candidates who apply with LinkedIn cannot be added or moved to another requisition.
- As a candidate who has applied via Apply with LinkedIn (with Apply starters), when I return to the career site to check the progress of my application, I will have to either sign in with LinkedIn or create a password through the Forgot Passsword or Create Password user flow.
Apply with LinkedIn (with Apply Starters) is available for Recruiting clients who also have LinkedIn Recruiter and/or active LinkedIn Job Slots. The plugin is available without cost to those clients. The plugin must be enabled from the Edge Marketplace. For questions about the plugin, please reach out to your LinkedIn representative. Additional instructions for enabling and configuring the integration are available on the Setup tab of the integration in Edge.
When enabling Apply with LinkedIn (with Apply Starters) in Edge, you will need to use the LinkedIn account that is tied to LinkedIn Recruiter or the active Job Slots. If an administrator tries to enable Apply with LinkedIn (with Apply Starters) with their personal LinkedIn account, they will receive an error.
Once Apply with LinkedIn (with Apply Starters) is installed via Edge, you will then need to enable it on an individual career site basis in Career Site Settings. The plugin is only compatible with mobile-friendly application workflows through the mobile-friendly candidate experience.
No. The Apply with LinkedIn (with Apply Starters) integration is only available for those with LinkedIn Recruiter and/or LinkedIn Jobs.
No, this will only be supported on mobile-friendly workflows.
Yes. Candidates who apply with LinkedIn can be added to other requisitions via Manage Candidates, Manage Applicants, Candidate Search, and the Applicant Profile. They can be moved to another requisition from Manage Candidates and Manage Applicants.
If a candidate does not have an active LinkedIn cookie, they will click thebutton twice: once to sign in to LinkedIn, and then again to populate their resume. In addition, LinkedIn candidates will be asked if they want to create an account on the Thank You page.
The following permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Career Site - Manage||Grants ability to access and manage Career Site Management. This permission can be constrained by OU and User's OU. This is an administrator permission.||Recruiting Administration|
|Career Site - View||Grants ability to access and view Career Site Management. This permission can be constrained by OU and User's OU. This is an administrator permission.||Recruiting Administration|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|