Note: This feature is in the Early Adopter stage.
The send email feature on Manage Candidates lets you email an individual candidate directly from the Manage Candidates page or the candidate's profile. Replies can be sent and received from your email provider. A history of the emails can be viewed on the applicant's profile.
Note: This functionality does not apply to candidates submitted via Suggested Referrals.
To access Manage Candidates, go to.
Note: Any user who can access Manage Candidates can send emails, provided the Email on Manage Candidates functionality is activated in Feature Activation Preferences. See Feature Activation Preferences.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
To send email:
- Check the box next to one or more candidates. You can select up to 20 candidates.
- From the More drop-down, click Note: On the Send Email flyout, all selected candidate names appear in the To: field and are only visible to the recruiter. When the emails are sent, only the name of the receiving candidate appears in the To: field. . The Send Email flyout opens. The selected candidates' names are added to the To: field in the flyout.
- Enter a subject in the Subject field, up to 250 characters.
- Enter a message in the Message to candidate field, up to 100,000 characters.
- Click Note: Emails from Manage Candidates will go to the recipient, even if a deadbox is configured. This is important to keep in mind for testing the email functionality in Stage or Pilot portals. .
The message is sent to the email address on the candidate's profile. Any responses are managed within your and the candidate's email provider and do not occur within Manage Candidates. However, you can view the message threads on the applicant carousel. See Manage Candidates - View Candidate Messages.
Click thelink to select tags that contain the text used to populate an email message. You can edit messages and preview the email message before it is sent. When the email is sent, the tags are resolved and replaced with the relevant text.
To use tags:
- On the Send Email page, click the link. The List of Supported Tags page opens.
- Copy and paste the tags you want to use into the Message to candidate box.
- Select the button. The tags resolve and the message is sent to the recipients listed in the To: field.
- Click the button to view the resolved message before sending. Preview mode displays tags being resolved for the first selection only.
- Click the button to make changes to the message.
- If using tags,
- Email Delivery to Candidate's Inbox - As part of this feature, steps have been taken to ensure emails come from addresses that do not have reputation issues. This will accelerate delivery and improve the probability that your emails appear in the candidate's inbox. To increase that probability, it is recommended that you use the candidate's name in the email and also use a personal tone.
- Emails sent from Stage will appear in the candidate’s inbox with the following convention: “Recruiter Name <firstname.lastname@example.org>”
- Emails sent from Production will appear in the candidate’s inbox with the following convention: “Recruiter Name <email@example.com>”
- Email Delivery to Recruiter's Inbox - If your organization has special email quarantine or spam filters, this may delay or prevent a candidate's replies from appearing in your inbox. To overcome this issue, the IP addresses for the email functionality in Production portals are being shared below. Your IT organization can add the IP addresses to your "allow" list to help ensure candidate replies are not blocked or delayed.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, an email address cannot be entered manually in the Send Email flyout. However, if the candidate does not have an email address in the system, you can add one to their profile, using the See Applicant Profile Page Overview.option in the drop-down at the top of the Applicant Profile page.
No. The sender must have an email address on their user record. An email address can be added to a user record by an administrator with permission to create, view, and edit users. See User Record - Contact.