Note: This feature is in the Early Adopter stage.
The send email feature on Manage Candidates lets you email an individual candidate directly from the Manage Candidates page or the candidate's profile. Replies can be sent and received from your email provider. A history of the emails can be viewed on the applicant's profile.
To access Manage Candidates, go to.
Note: Any user who can access Manage Candidates can send emails, provided the Email on Manage Candidates functionality is activated in Feature Activation Preferences. See Feature Activation Preferences.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
To send an email:
- Check the box next to the candidate's on Manage Candidates.
- Click More drop-down on Manage Candidates. Or, click from the options menu on the applicant carousel. This opens the Send Email flyout. The candidate's name is automatically added to the flyout. from the
- Enter a subject in the Subject field, up to 250 characters.
- Enter a message in the Message to candidate field, up to 100,000 characters.
- Click Note: Emails from Manage Candidates will go to the recipient, even if a deadbox is configured. This is important to keep in mind for testing the email functionality in Stage or Pilot portals. .
The message is sent to the email address on the candidate's profile. Any responses are managed within your and the candidate's email provider and do not occur within Manage Candidates. However, you can view the message threads on the applicant carousel. See Manage Candidates - View Candidate Messages.
- Email Delivery to Candidate's Inbox - As part of this feature, steps have been taken to ensure emails come from addresses that do not have reputation issues. This will accelerate delivery and improve the probability that your emails appear in the candidate's inbox. To increase that probability, it is recommended that you use the candidate's name in the email and also use a personal tone.
- Emails sent from Stage will appear in the candidate’s inbox with the following convention: “Recruiter Name <firstname.lastname@example.org>”
- Emails sent from Production will appear in the candidate’s inbox with the following convention: “Recruiter Name <email@example.com>”
- Email Delivery to Recruiter's Inbox - If your organization has special email quarantine or spam filters, this may delay or prevent a candidate's replies from appearing in your inbox. To overcome this issue, the IP addresses for the email functionality in Production portals are being shared below. Your IT organization can add the IP addresses to your "allow" list to help ensure candidate replies are not blocked or delayed.
The following features are not currently available for the send email functionality but may be available in a future release:
- Send emails to suggested referrals
- Send emails with tags
- Send bulk emails
- Send emails with templates
- Send emails with rich text formatting
- Add attachments
- Receive and view attachments from candidates
- Reply to a candidate’s response from within Manage Candidates
- Cc and Bcc other recipients
- Administrator's ability to restrict the Send Email option to users with specific permission
- Send emails from your own verified domain
Frequently Asked Questions
No, an email address cannot be entered manually in the Send Email flyout. However, if the candidate does not have an email address in the system, you can add one to their profile, using the See Applicant Profile Page Overview.option in the drop-down at the top of the Applicant Profile page.
No. The sender must have an email address on their user record. An email address can be added to a user record by an administrator with permission to create, view, and edit users. See User Record - Contact.