Badges are a form of employee recognition that can be awarded when a user receives positive feedback or when a user completes training. Badges may have an associated point value. Depending on the portal configuration, users may be able to view their badges via a widget on the Universal Profile - Snapshot page.
Note: Badges can only be edited from the division in which they are created. For example, if you create a badge for the California division, the Edit option will only be available for that badge when you access the California division's Badge and Point Preferences. If you access the Los Angeles division's Badge and Point Preferences, the badge that was created for the California division is NOT editable. Either return to the division where the badge was created, or copy the badge to the child division and edit the copy.
To add a new badge, click thelink on the Badge Preferences page.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
Enter the following information for the badge:
- Title - Enter a title for the badge, up to 50 characters. This title should indicate the purpose of the badge. When editing a badge, modifications to the badge title are reflected on the Training Completion page and Snapshot: Badges sub-page for users who have already completed training and earned the badge.
- Badge Type - From the drop-down, select the purpose of the badge. This will determine in which scenarios the badge can be awarded. When editing a badge, the badge type cannot be modified.
- Badge Image - Click the button to select an image for the badge. When uploading an image file, the character limit for the file name is 91. When editing a badge, modifications to the badge image are reflected on the Training Completion page and Snapshot: Badges sub-page for users who have already completed training and earned the badge.
- Description - Enter a description for the badge, up to 150 characters. This should describe the purpose of the badge in detail. When editing an existing badge, changes to this field are applied to all past instances of this badge.
- Points - From the drop-down, select the point value that is associated with the badge. A user's badge points are visible on the Universal Profile Snapshot page and on the Points Leaderboard. When editing an existing badge, changes to this field are only applied to future instances of this badge. The points that are associated with badges that have already been awarded will not be changed.
- Manager Only - This option is only available when the Badge Type is set to Feedback. This option determines whether the badge is only available to be given by managers. When this option is selected, only direct or indirect managers are able to award this badge, and they can only award it to their direct or indirect reports. When editing an existing badge, changes to this field are only applied to future instances of this badge.
- Active - This option determines whether the badge is active. When editing an existing badge, changes to this field are only applied to future instances of this badge. See the Deleting or Deactivating Badges section of the Badge & Point Preferences - Badges topic for additional information. See Badge & Point Preferences - Badges.
Save / Cancel
Select After a badge is created, it can be awarded to a user via the Universal Profile: Feedback page. Also, it can be associated with a learning object (LO) so that it can be automatically awarded when a user completes the associated LO.to save the new badge or any changes made to the badge.
Selectto discard any unsaved changes.
Badge Image Recommendations
For badge images, the acceptable file types are .png, .jpeg, and .gif. Badge images should be square with a recommended size of 100 x 100 pixels. To have a square badge image display properly on the My Badges page, use a 66 x 66 pixel image centered on a white square that is 100 x 100 pixels.