The option to allow users to filter by modality on the Learning Search page is available on the Learning Search Preferences page.
To access the Learning Search Preferences page, go to: Note: The permission for managing Learner Home Preferences also grants access to the Learning Search Preferences page.and click the link.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
Filter by Modality
To enable the Modality options in the Learning Search filter panel, which allows users to select different modality types as filters while searching for training:
- Toggle the Enable Filter by Modality switch to the On position.
- Click the button at the bottom of the page. The Modality section will then be available to users in the filter panel on the Learning Search page.
The different modality types are not currently configurable. As a result of user feedback, the following default modality types are available in the Modality section of the Learning Search filter panel:
- Attend (includes events)
- Collections (includes curricula, playlists, external content, and programs)
- Listen (includes none by default)
- Practice (includes tests)
- Read (includes materials)
- Watch (includes online courses and videos)
Users can select these modality filters to filter the Learning Search page for training mapped to those modality types. For more information about using the Learning Search page: See Learning Search.