- Goal Start and End Dates
- Goal Status
- Goal Rating Section Perspective Filter
- Performance Review Task Assignment Rights
- Goal is Shared
Goal Start and End Dates
A goal may only appear in a performance review if either the start date or end date of the goal occur within the review period of the performance review. The review period includes the start and end date of the review period.
Verify that the start and end dates of the goal occur within the Review Period dates of the performance review.
- If a goal is not within the review period, the goal start date and end date can be edited so that it occurs within the review period. Then, the performance review task may include the goal. However, goals that have already been included in a performance review task will not be removed from the task if the goal dates are edited so that it does not occur within the review period.
- The performance review period cannot be modified after the task is created.
Verify that the goal status is not Draft, Cancelled, or Pending Approval.
- If a goal is updated so that it has an eligible status, the performance review may include the goal.
- If a goal is cancelled after it is included in a performance review, then the goal will appear as cancelled in the performance review and will not be used in score calculations.
Goal Rating Section Perspective Filter
If the Goal Rating section is set to filter by perspective, then a goal only appears in that section if the goal's perspective matches the filter.
View the settings for the Goal Rating section to see if the section is filtered by perspective. If the section is filtered by perspective, verify that the user's goal matches the Goal Rating section's perspective filter.
- The Goal Rating section within the performance review task cannot be edited after the task is launched. This is because changing the perspective filter will create a new version of the section, which will not apply to previous versions in an existing performance review task.
- Perspectives are defined by going to Admin > Tools > Performance Management > Perspectives/Categories.
Performance Review Task Assignment Rights
View the Review Workflow step for the performance review task. Then, view the settings for the appropriate performance review step. If the Select Goals rights option is selected for the Goal Rating section, then no goals will appear in the Goal Rating step of the review when the review is initially viewed.
Goal is Shared
View the goal details. Verify that the goal is not a shared goal, which are indicated with an asterisk on the Goals page.
- It may be necessary to contact the goal assignor to determine how the goal was assigned. The goal assignor is visible in the History section when viewing the goal.
- Goals that are shared amongst a manager's team are displayed in a performance review for each team member.