Manage Assignments Page
To access the Manage Learning Assignments page, go toand click the link.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Proxy Enrollment for Certification - Create Dynamic||Grants administrator ability to create dynamic proxy enrollments for certifications. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Proxy Enrollment for Certification - Create Standard||Grants administrator ability to create standard proxy enrollments for certifications. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Proxy Enrollment - Standard Volunteer Management||Grants ability to create one time (standard) proxy enrollment requests to enroll users in volunteer activities. This is an administrator permission.||Volunteer Management - Administration|
|Proxy Enrollment - Standard, Dynamic Volunteer Management||Grants ability to create standard (one time) and dynamic (ongoing) proxy enrollment requests/rules to enroll users in volunteer activities. The dynamic option only appears if the activity has been designated as ongoing vs. one time. This is an administrator permission.||Volunteer Management - Administration|
|Assignment Tool - Standard and Dynamic||
Grants ability to create Standard (one-time) and Dynamic (continuous) Learning Assignments to directly assign training to users. This permission can be constrained by OU, Provider, Training Item, Training Type, User, User Self and Subordinates, and User's OU. If this permission is constrained by Location, Provider, Training Type, or Training Item, then they can only assign training within the constraints. If this permission is constrained by OU, User, User Self and Subordinates, or User's OU, then they can only assign to and view assignments created by users within the constraints. This is an administrator permission.
|Learning - Administration|
|Assignment Tool - Standard||
Grants ability to create Standard (one-time) Learning Assignments to directly assign training to users. This permission can be constrained by OU, Provider, Training Item, Training Type, User, User Self and Subordinates, and User's OU. If this permission is constrained by Location, Provider, Training Type, or Training Item, then they can only assign training within the constraints. If this permission is constrained by OU, User, User Self and Subordinates, or User's OU, then they can only assign to and view assignments created by users within the constraints. This is an administrator permission.
|Learning - Administration|
Thebutton allows administrators with the appropriate permissions to access the Certification Proxy Enrollment features, if applicable. However, the Learning Assignment Tool functionality does not apply to these features. Certification assignments must be managed using the proxy enrollment functionality. The following link is available in the drop-down menu:
- See Certification Proxy Enrollment Overview. - Click this link to navigate to the Proxy Enrollment page for certifications.
Existing learning assignments can be searched for and filtered using a variety of criteria. You can find learning assignments using any of the following search features:
- Search bar - Type an assignment title or assignment ID into this search bar to find learning assignments based on the title or ID. Press Enter on your keyboard or click the search glass icon to process search results according to the criteria you input.
- Training Title - Enter a training title into this field to search for learning assignments by the title of the training assigned within the learning assignment. Old proxy enrollments that were converted to learning assignments display their training title as the assignment title, but they cannot be searched for using their assignment title. To search for these old proxy enrollments, enter the training title for the proxy enrollment/assignment into this Training Title field.
- Created By - Enter the name of a user to search for learning assignments created by that user.
- Course Code - Enter a course code to search for learning assignments with training associated with that course code. Note: If your portal does not have the course code feature enabled, this field will be hidden.
- Created Date - Select a date range from the drop-down menu or enter a custom date range within which the assignment(s) was created. The Last 120 Days option is selected by default.
- Type - Use this drop-down menu to select standard learning assignments, dynamic learning assignments, or both.
- Status - Use this drop-down menu to select one or more learning assignment statuses.
- Recurrence - Use this drop-down menu to filter by dynamic learning assignments that are recurring or not recurring.
- User Criteria - Use the User Criteria drop-down menu to filter learning assignments by assigned user criteria.
Click thelink to remove any filters you have selected and reset them to their default values. Click the button to process search results according to your selected filters.
- Click this button for an advanced list of filters. An additional section appears on the page, and the following filter options are available:
- Sort By drop-down menu - Select sorting criteria from this drop-down menu. The learning assignments that display below will automatically refresh and redisplay according to the new Sort criteria. Available sorting criteria includes:
- Created Date (Newest - Oldest)
- Created Date (Oldest - Newest)
- Assignment Title (A-Z)
- Assignment Title (Z-A)
- Created By (A-Z)
- Created By (Z-A)
Learning Assignment Cards
Each previously created learning assignment displays in a card with basic information about the assignment, and options may be available for each assignment depending on its current status and assignment type. The information that displays for each past learning assignment includes:
- Assignment Title - This field displays the title provided by the assignment creator. Click this title to open the Assignment Summary page for assignments that have been submitted. For assignments in the Draft status, click the title to open the create workflow and resume the draft. Note: Proxy enrollments that were created prior to the activation of the Learning Assignment Tool use the title of their learning object (LO) when they are converted to learning assignments.
- Assignment ID - This field displays a unique Assignment ID that was auto-generated for submitted assignments. Note: Proxy enrollments that were created prior to the activation of the Learning Assignment Tool do NOT receive Assignment IDs when they are converted to learning assignments.
- Type - This field displays whether the assignment is standard or dynamic.
- Status - This field displays the current status of the assignment. For standard assignments, statuses include: Queued, Processed, Cancelled, and Draft. For dynamic assignments, statuses include: Active, Inactive, and Draft.
- Recurrence - This field displays whether or not the dynamic assignment is recurring. Note: This field only displays for dynamic assignment types.
- Created Date - This field displays the date and time the assignment was submitted. If the assignment is a draft, it displays the date the draft was started.
- Created By - This field displays the first and last name of the user who created the assignment.
- Description - This field displays the assignment description provided by the creator of the assignment, if applicable.
- Number of training items - This field displays the number of training items selected for the assignment.
The actions available for each learning assignment are accessible from different locations on the assignment tile. Available actions include:
- Assignment Title - If the assignment status is an unsubmitted draft, clicking the title will redirect the user to the process for creating the learning assignment. If the assignment status is in any status other than Draft, clicking the title redirects the user to the Assignment Summary page for the assignment.
- - To quickly view the user criteria selected for an assignment, click the link in the assignment's tile. Clicking the link opens a flyout on the left side of the page.
- - This linked field displays the number of training items selected for the learning assignment. Click the linked number to view the selected training items in a flyout menu.
Different actions are available in each assignment's drop-down menu, located in the top right of the Assignment card, depending on whether the learning assignment is a draft or has been submitted. The following action is available for learning assignments in the Draft status:
- Create Draft Learning Assignment. - Clicking this option navigates you back to the creation process for the learning assignment, with all previously saved selections populated. You can continue configuring and submit the assignment. For more information about creating a draft, see
The following actions are available for submitted learning assignments:
- See Copy - Learning Assignment. - This option allows you to quickly create a new assignment by copying an existing assignment. Clicking the option redirects you to the Setup step of the create assignment workflow. For more information about copying a learning assignment,
- See Assignment Summary Page. - Click this option to be redirected to the Assignment Summary page for the assignment.
- Note: If the cancellation confirmation pop-up window is open, but the assignment finishes queuing and processes, the assignment will not be cancelled. - This option is only available for standard assignments in a Queued status when the assignment date is set in the future. Clicking this option causes a Cancel Confirmation pop-up window to appear. If the user proceeds with the cancellation, the status of the assignment will change to Cancelled, and this action cannot be undone.