Once the OU Type is set up, the implementation manager or the system administrator can add custom fields to the OU Type. To change the feed and add these new custom fields, contact the Technical Consulting team.
Creating an OU custom field does not automatically map the field to your OU data feed. If you want your data feed to populate the OU custom field, you must first create the custom field and then contact your Global Product Support to make the necessary arrangements to have the field added to your feed.
For portals with Recruiting enabled, Position OU fields can be created via the Organizational Units tab in Custom Field Administration. These fields can be used as Requisition Custom Fields for job requisitions by adding them to the Requisition Custom Fields section in Requisition and Applicant Preferences. These fields can also be used as tabs in offer letters, job ads, and Recruiting and Offer Letter emails.
To manage custom fields, go to. Then select the appropriate tab on the left.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Organizational Unit Custom Fields - Manage||Grant Access to create and edit custom fields for Org Units. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
Search for a Field
To search for a custom field:
- Name - Enter the name of the custom field in the field, up to 100 characters.
- Type - From the drop-down list, select the appropriate custom field type.
- Include Inactive - Select this option to include inactive custom fields in the search.
The Fields table displays the following information for each of the existing custom fields:
- Title - The custom field title.
- Type - The custom field type.
- Created By - The creator of the custom field.
- Active - Select this option to activate the custom field. If this field is deselected, the custom field is not available in other areas of the system.
In the options are available in the Options column:
- Edit - Select this icon to edit the existing custom field.
- Remove - Select this icon to remove the custom field.
To add a new custom field, follow these steps:
- Select the Add Field icon .
- Name - Enter a name for the custom field that will be visible to end user. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Type - Select the appropriate custom field type from the drop-down menu. For organizational units, Checkbox, Date, Drop-down, Numeric, Radio Button, Scrolling Text Box, and Short Text Box type fields can be created. See Custom Field Admin - Custom Field Type Options.
- OU Type - Select the type of organizational unit for which this custom field will be visible.
- Active - Select this option to make the field active.
- Availability - Define which users have the ability to view and access the custom field. The administrator must set the availability of the field if the field is to appear for other administrators and end users in the application. If availability is not set, then the field will not appear in administrator and end user areas of the application. See Setting Availability Overview.
- Click See Organizational Unit - Create/Edit. . After the custom field is created, it will available when creating and editing an OU.