|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Level 2 Scored Evaluation Administration||Grant Access to create and manage level 2 (scored) evaluations associated with learning objects. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
To create an evaluation, click thelink, or copy an existing evaluation by clicking the Copy icon in the Options column.
- Select Header - From the drop-down list, select a header image for the evaluation. The available images are taken from the Corporate Preferences images. A preview of the header image is displayed in the Header Preview field. This is optional.
- Header Color - Select the header color, which is the color that fills the header in areas that the header image does not fill. You may enter a hex value for the color or select a color by clicking the button. This is optional.
- Header Preview - This displays a preview of what the header will look like on the evaluation. The selected image is always aligned in the upper-left portion of the header. Any empty space in the header is filled with the selected header color. The selected logo is not resized.
Enter the following information for the evaluation:
- Title - Enter the evaluation title. For portals with multiple languages enabled, localize the field by using the Translate icon to enter localized text.
- Language - Select the language for the evaluation.
- Time Limit Minutes - Define the time limit for users to take the evaluation in minutes. The maximum time limit is 300 minutes. Leave this field blank to have no time limit for the evaluation.
- Passing Score (%) - Enter passing score percentage. If this field is blank, the default passing score is 80%.
- Early Exit - Select one of the following options to determine whether or not a user can exit the test and resume at a later time:
- Allow the person being tested to save any progress and return to the test at a later point - If this option is selected, users can exit the evaluation and resume at a later time.
- The person taking the test must proceed all the way through, or accept the score assessed at the point of early exit - If this option is selected, users must complete the evaluation without exiting the evaluation. If the user exits the evaluation, their score is based on their responses at that point and the user cannot resume the evaluation.
- Pre-Test Review - Select one of the following options regarding a pre-test:
- Users may not review answers to pre-test until post test is completed - Select this option to prevent users from reviewing their answers to the pretest until they have completed the post-test.
- Allow users to review answers to pre-test before taking post-test - Select this option to allow users to review their answers to the pretest before taking the post-test.
To add a section, click the Add New Section icon to the left of the Sections and Questions column heading. This opens the Add Section pop-up. Note: Each section is considered a page break on the evaluation, and at least one section is required.
Enter the following information for the section:
- Section Title - Enter a title for the section. For portals with multiple languages enabled, localize the field by using the Translate icon to enter localized text.
- Section Directions - Enter directions for the section. On the evaluation, the directions display beneath the section name. For portals with multiple languages enabled, localize the field by using the Translate icon to enter localized text.
- Click .
The section appears as a row in the Questions panel. To edit the section title or directions, click the Edit icon in the Options column. To remove a section, click the Remove icon in the Options column. Note: Removing a section also removes all questions in the section.
To add a question to a section, click the Add Question icon . This opens the Search Questions pop-up.
Search Existing Questions
Use the search features to filter the results by question name, category, or language.
View Questions from Existing Evaluation
You can also pull in questions from the evaluation of an existing LO and select from those questions. To search for an existing evaluation, click the Select icon to the right of the Select Course to View Questions From: field. This opens the Search Course Evaluations pop-up.
Clickto search for evaluations from the selected LO types. All LOs for which there is a corresponding level evaluation appear below the search options in the pop-up. Click the plus sign to the left of the LO to add the LO's evaluation questions to the Questions panel in the Search Questions pop-up. This closes the Search Course Evaluations pop-up.
All existing evaluation questions from the corresponding evaluation level appear in the Questions panel in the Search Questions pop-up. Preview a question by clicking the Preview icon in the View column. Note: Any new questions added using the Add Question icon append to that specific section of the evaluation.
Add Question from Search Questions Pop-up
To add a question:
- Click the plus sign in the Add column of the Questions panel. This adds the question to the Selected Questions panel. To remove a question from the Selected Questions panel, click the Remove icon in the Remove column.
- Add all questions in the Questions panel by clicking the link.
Click Done when all desired questions are placed in the Selected Questions panel. The questions appear under the section title. You can reorder by changing the number in the Order column. The question type appears in the Type column.
Response Required - Select this option to require users to answer the corresponding question.
The following options appear in the Options column for each question:
- Preview - Click the Preview icon to view the question.
- Edit - Click the Edit icon to edit an existing question. Note: If a question has already been answered by a user, you cannot change the response type or format of the question; you may only edit the spelling or phrasing. The response type drop-down will be inactive, and the links to add response choices or sub-questions will not appear. Editing a question changes that question in all tests the question has been used. A best practice is to make changes to the grammar or correct errors but not change the meaning or structure of the question.
- Remove - Click the Remove icon to remove a question from the section.
By default, all questions in the section are displayed to the user. To only display a portion of the questions, click the Edit icon in the Display column. Then, enter the number of questions that should be displayed in the section. Click the Save icon to save the new display value.
Displaying only a portion of the questions allows you to create a unique evaluation experience for each evaluation attempt. For example, there are 10 questions in a section, but only five are displayed. If another user completes the evaluation, then that user may see different questions in their evaluation.
Clickto finalize the evaluation.