The Profile Information section displays the applicant's basic profile data. When a user first accesses their profile, this section only displays their name, contact information, photo, and applicant consideration preference.
To edit your profile information, click thelink in the drop-down.
This refreshes the page but allows you to edit the information fields. Enter the following information:
- Prefix - Enter your prefix, if applicable (e.g., Mr., Sgt., Dr.). This is optional. The character limit for this field is 10.
- First Name - Enter your first name. Initially, this field is populated with the first name entered when creating your profile. This is required. The character limit for this field is 200.
- Middle Name - Enter your middle name. This is optional. The character limit for this field is 200.
- Last Name - Enter your last name. Initially, this field is populated with the last name entered when creating your profile. This is required. The character limit for this field is 200.
- Suffix - Enter your suffix, if applicable (e.g., Jr., Sr.). This is optional. The character limit for this field is 10.
- Phone - Enter your phone number. This is optional, but provides additional contact information when recruiters would like to contact you. The character limit for this field is 30.
- Email Address - Enter your email address, which is used when logging in to the career site. Initially, this field is populated with the email address entered when creating your profile. This is required. The character limit for this field is 120. Note: If you modify your email address, an email is sent to the previous email address to indicate that the email address has been changed.
The content of the email is hard-coded and cannot be configured by or modified by the administrator. The email address in the From field is defined by a backend setting.
- Address Line 1 - This field accepts up to 110 characters.
- Address Line 2 - This field accepts up to 110 characters.
- City - This field accepts up to 35 characters.
- State/Province - This field accepts up to 30 characters.
- ZIP/Postal Code - This field accepts up to 20 characters.
- Country - This field displays a drop-down of countries from which to select. This is a required field. Note: If an applicant's profile does not currently include a value in the Country field, then the next time the applicant edits their contact information, they will be required to complete the Country field.
- Language - This option enables you to define the default language in which the career site widgets and My Profile page display. The language selected also defines the language that appears on your user record. To define the language, select a language from the Language drop-down. The languages that display in the drop-down are the languages that are available for the portal. Once the changes to the profile are saved, the selected language will be used on the My Profile page, as well as for the widgets on the career site.
- If the applicant's browser language is one of the available languages in the portal, then the language that appears in the drop-down by default is the applicant's browser language.
- If the applicant's browser language is not one of the available languages in the portal, then the language that appears in the drop-down by default is the career site's default language.
- Consider Me for Other Positions - Select this option if you would like to be available in the candidate search functionality, which means that you are visible when recruiters search for candidates for other positions. The setting applies to all existing and future applications that you submit. You can uncheck the box to no longer be searchable for other positions.
- Deactivate My Profile - Select this option to deactivate your profile. When you click to save the setting, a warning pop-up displays, indicating that deactivating your profile will permanently delete the profile.
For applicants submitted by a recruiting agency, checking this option overrides the setting that is available when configuring recruiting agencies that allows applicants submitted by agency users to be available in Candidate Search after a certain timeframe.
If is clicked in the warning pop-up, then you are immediately logged out of the career site and your applicant data is archived and scrambled in the Applicant Tracking System, ensuring that your personal data is irretrievable following deactivation of your profile. Your profile cannot be reactivated, and you will need to create a new profile in order to apply to jobs on the career site.
Ifis selected in the warning pop-up, then the pop-up closes without any changes being saved.
Note: The option to deactivate the profile does not display for applicants in a Hired status and is not available for internal applicants. In addition, this option must first be enabled by the administrator in Compliance Enablement Preferences in order to display on the My Profile page.
To cancel the changes to the profile, click.
After entering the appropriate information, click . This validates the information and refreshes the page with the new information. The profile information is saved in the User Record within the system.