An approval workflow can also be defined for learning object (LO) types and individual LOs. See Default Approval Workflow Templates.
Note: For Completion approvals, workflows can only be defined for LO types (NOT individual LOs).
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Approve Training by Approver||Grants ability to approve training requests of those for whom the user is the designated approver.||Learning|
|Approve Training by Cost Center Approver||Grants ability to approve training requests of those for whom the user is the designated cost center approver.||Learning|
|Approve Training by Manager||Grants ability to approve training requests of those for whom the user is the designated manager.||Learning|
|EMAIL NAME||EMAIL DESCRIPTION||ACTION TYPE|
When a user requests training that requires approval or requests completion approval, the following workflow options are available:
- Cost Center Approver
- Cost Center Owner - This option is disabled by default.
The default approval workflow is as follows Approver > Cost Center Approver > Manager > Manager's Approver > Manager's Cost Center Approver > Manager's Manager, etc. However, this is often customized for each organization during implementation. If your current system does not have an approver, then the approver is skipped and it goes to the next person in the chain.
To set default approval by learning objects, See Default Approval Requirements by Division.
To set required training approvals in the user record, See User Record - Edit.
- If the Required Training Approvals field on the user record is set to zero, then no training approvals are ever required for the user, regardless of any training approvals that are set anywhere in the system.
- If a learning object is set as pre-approved, it will bypass all steps in the approval workflow.
- If the learning object requires approval and the number of Required Training Approvals in the user record is 1, then the first approver who exists in the workflow will get the approval request.
- If the approver defers the request, the next approver in the workflow will get the approval request.
- If the learning object requires approval and the number of Required Training Approvals in the user record is 2, then the first approver who exists in the workflow will get the approval request. The request will be routed to the next approver in the workflow automatically. When both approvers have approved the learning object it will change to an approved status in the user's transcript.
- If the Approve Training Request email is active and Training request approvers is selected as a recipient, the second approver will be notified via email to approve training request.