Administrators can create PowerPoint templates based on available tags within the system in order to define which data the template will display from a SMP task. Exporting this data to PowerPoint gives greater customizing and presentation abilities when viewing succession data during Talent/Succession planning meetings with key stakeholders and executives.
Note: You must have Microsoft Office with PowerPoint and have installed the Office 2007 Compatibility pack or have Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 or newer in order to use this functionality.
All templates must be created in the PowerPoint 2007 format or newer(*.pptx). Otherwise, this functionality cannot be used.
The functionality does not support all features of Microsoft PowerPoint. The data displayed in PowerPoint falls under the constraints and restrictions per Microsoft. The system cannot impact or modify PowerPoint functionality.
To manage SMP PowerPoint tags, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
SMP PowerPoint Report Preferences
|Enables administrators to manage templates and tags for specific fields for use in the SMP PowerPoint Template report. This is an administrator permission.||Talent/Succession - Administration|
Manage Tags for the PowerPoint Profile Report
- Click the arrow next to the appropriate section to expand it. The section contain a table listing all existing active fields and custom fields in alphabetical order. Custom field level security applies to User and SMP custom fields. The admin can only view User and SMP custom fields that are available based on field level security.
- If necessary, use the tag name search feature to locate the appropriate tag. The Type filter allows you to filter your search by tag type (User, Resume, Performance/Succession).
- Click the Edit icon to customize the tag name. For Performance/Succession tags, the overall numeric rating for the task is the field that is pulled into the template.
- In the Tag Name field, enter a name for the tag.
- The character limit for tag names is 50 characters.
- Tags names must be all upper-case letters.
- The tag cannot contain any spaces or special characters.
- If there is a space in the field name, those spaces should be replaced by a period (".").
- Tag names must be unique.
- Example 1: Custom Field 1 = CUSTOM.FIELD.1
- Example 2: Section: Awards, Field: Date Received = AWARDS.DATE.RECEIVED
- Example 3: Retention Risk = RETENTION.RISK
If a tag name is modified, the client is responsible for updating all PowerPoint templates that contain the modified tag.
If a new user, resume, performance/succession field or performance review or competency task is added to the system, that field appears in the applicable table. The administrator must define the tag name.
If a field is set to inactive or is deleted, that field no longer appears on the table. If the field is re-activated, then the field and tag information reappears in the table.
If a task, review or assessment, is made inactive or deleted in the system, then the corresponding field and tag does not appear.
If a performance/succession section is deleted from the system, all tags from that section do not appear.
If a field is deleted from within a performance/succession section, then that field no longer appears in the table.