SMP PowerPoint Template Report Overview
The SMP PowerPoint Template enables administrators to create custom PowerPoint templates with which to report on incumbents for an SMP task. SMP task data is available for this report as soon as the corresponding SMP task is saved. Currently, the SMP PowerPoint Template Report can be used with Manager and Assessor SMP tasks, but cannot be used with the Job Pool task type. Up to 150 employees can be included in a report. External or unknown successors are not displayed in this report.
You can view the available SMP PowerPoint Tag by clicking the View Tags link in the upper-left corner. See Create PowerPoint Template - Inserting Tags.
Note: You must create the PowerPoint templates prior to running the report.
Note: This report is not compatible with the Job Pool task type.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
SMP PowerPoint Report Preferences
|Enables administrators to manage templates and tags for specific fields for use in the SMP PowerPoint Template report. This is an administrator permission.||Talent/Succession - Administration|
This is an asynchronous report, which allows the administrator to define the standard report and generate the report asynchronously. As a result, when administrators process the report, the system generates the report in the background, while the administrator can move on to other areas of the system. When the report is finished processing, the administrator can then view the full report in its entirety.
- Up to 10 separate reports can generate asynchronously, allowing greater flexibility for creating and storing different versions of the report.
- If you process a report or refresh a stored report, the report appears in the table as Queued.
- The most recently created report displays at the top of the table.
- Since the user can generate up to 10 reports, the administrator can define a report title for each of the generated reports.
- Clicking the View Details icon changes the report settings on the page to match those of the selected previously run report.
The output of the report will be a PowerPoint file in the PowerPoint 2007 format (*.pptx). Click on the PowerPoint output icon to open and view the file in PowerPoint.
Through the report processing, the data from the selected SMP task will populate the template based on the tags and attributes included in the template. The system will process this report for SMP tasks that are Not Started, In Progress, Completed, and Expired.
If tags are included in the template that are associated with fields that the user does not have access to through field level security, the data for those tags will populate as "#####".
When Resume OU tags are included, the following considerations apply to the report output:
- If more than one OU applies to a user, then each OU displays on a separate line in the order in which it appears on the user's Resume page.
- Resume Position OU sections that include tags with START.DATE and END.DATE tag data display the appropriate tag values in the report.
For an employee to populate on the PowerPoint template from the report:
- The employee must have been assessed within the SMP task selected for the report.
- The employee must be in the defined user criteria for the report.
- The employee must fall within the permission constraints for the user running the report.
The output of this report is entirely dependent on the template that you create and upload for this report. See PowerPoint Template - Create .
Share Report Template
When the report is processed, the system saves the report in the Processed Reports section so that the same report can be ran again without having to configure the report.
In order to share the report, the PowerPoint file that is used for the template must be emailed or shared with the other users. Once they have the file, they can upload it and use it to run their own SMP PowerPoint reports.