|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
- Task Name - Enter a meaningful name for the SMP task. The character limit for this field is 100. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Description - Enter a description of the task. The character limit for this field is 500. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Task Period - Using the From and To date values, select the start and end dates of the task. This field determines the date range during which assessors can access the succession task. However, if one or more Task Reviews are added on the Task Review step, then the Task Period field displays the start and end date of the task, which includes any Task Review steps that are included in the task. As a result, if one or more Task Review steps are added to the succession task, then the Task Period field is automatically updated by the system to account for these steps.
- After at least one Task Review period has been added to the succession task, the Task Period fields become read-only, and the Task Period can only be edited via the Edit Time Period pop-up. This pop-up enables administrators to edit the Task Period for the Task Owner and all Task Reviewers. To edit the time periods for the Task Owner and all Task Reviewers, click the Edit icon to the right of the Task Period field. See Succession Task - Edit Time Periods.
- Plan Type - From the drop-down list, select SMP Assessor Task. This selection determines which SMP templates are available in the Template field. This selection also affects certain configuration options for the task.
- Template - Click the Select icon to select the specific template to use in the task. When SMP Assessor Task is selected in the Plan Type field, only SMP Assessor templates are available for selection. The template that is selected determines the steps that the assessor completes for the task. A template must be created prior to creating the task in order for it to be available for selection.
- Pre-Populate Task with Most Recent Succession Data - When this option is selected, the task will automatically be populated with the most recent succession data for users. The task only displays data that can be accessed by the assessor; if a previous task is configured to prevent assessors from accessing the data, then that data is not pre-populated in this task. This option is unselected by default. When editing a task, this option cannot be modified if the task is in In Progress, Complete, or Expired status. The following fields will be pre-populated:
- Succession Custom Fields - Succession custom field values attributed to a position, incumbent user, or successor will be pre-populated in the task. Note: Metric fields that are configured to be Read-Only within the selected succession template are not pre-populated with the most recent succession data.
- Successors - Successors who are attributed to a position or incumbent user will be pre-populated in the task. If the task is configured to include inactive successors, the task will be pre-populated with inactive and active successors.
- Comments - Any comment text attributed to an incumbent user from the most recent task will be pre-populated in the task.
- Competency and Competency Item Ratings - Any competency ratings or competency item ratings attributed to a user from the most recent SMP task will be pre-populated in the task. Only ratings from SMP tasks are pre-populated.
- Note: Development actions are not pre-populated.
- Display Inactive Successors - When this option is selected, users who have been identified as successors for another user but have been made inactive within the system will still appear in the succession task. This option is unselected by default. When editing a task, this option cannot be modified if the task is in In Progress, Complete, or Expired status.
- Inactive successor cards appear gray and "Inactive User" is displayed on the successor card in red text.
- Inactive successors are displayed after all active successors for each incumbent.
- Inactive successors can be removed within the succession task, but the inactive successor's succession custom field values cannot be changed.
- Inactive successors do not count towards the minimum and maximum number of successors within the Succession Chart step.
- Inactive successors may appear on the Succession Chart step, Add Successors page, and Position Details page.
- Manager Access - Select this option to allow managers to access the results of this assessor task. If this option is not selected, the data from the task is not visible to managers, administrators, and assessors in any way outside of a report, including Snapshot and the Helicopter View. In addition, if this option is not selected, then the data from this assessor task will not be available to any future assessors (regardless of whether they are the user’s manager) if the Pre-Populate Task with Most Recent Succession Data option is selected for the future task.
- Best Practice: In order to allow managers and administrators to view the results of the assessor task in Helicopter View, this option should be selected.
- If a task with this option selected is selected as a source task for a Talent Conference task, the data will be visible to moderators.
- Incorporate Competency Task - If the selected SMP template contains a Competency Task sub-step, you can include an SMP-based competency assessment task in the SMP task. The SMP-based competency assessment task must be created prior to creating the SMP task, and this option is only available with SMP templates that contain a Competency Task sub-step.
- Allow calibration from Helicopter View - This option is only available when a template is selected, and the template includes a Metric step or sub-step that is configured to allow users to override positions on the metric grid. When this option is selected, administrators and managers can calibrate the ratings from this task from the Helicopter View. When a task rating is calibrated from the Helicopter View, the new rating is updated in the task results. This option is unselected by default.
|Last Published: 9/10/2021||If you have feedback or suggestions for an Online Help article, please select this link.||© 2021, Cornerstone OnDemand|