The Timezone Preference page is used to set time zones
The time zone that is applied to a user is dependent on a set of rules. See Time Zone Application Rules.
To configure Timezone Preferences, go to.
The following options are available:
- Default Time Zone - Select the appropriate time zone for the OU.
- Allow Users to Change Time Zone - Select this option to enable users to change their time zone on their My Account - My Preferences page. When a user sets their time zone via My Account, this time zone is set on their User Record. See My Account - Preferences.
Select this option to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
- If this option is unselected, then only the child OUs that do not have customized settings are updated, as well as any OUs that are added in the future.
- A child OU that has not been customized always inherits from the parent, regardless of whether this option is selected.
- An OU is considered customized if its preferences or settings have been changed.