Defining Search Preferences is a multiple step process. The Search Preferences - Training page enables administrators to do the following with respect to the Training search type:
- Define available search filters
- Define training types that are available
- Define sorting capability
To access the Search Preferences - Training page, go to Note: This tab is not selectable unless it is enabled as a search type on the General tab.. Then, select the Training tab on the left navigation bar.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
The availability of this page is controlled by a backend setting.
The Training Types section of the Search Preferences - Training page enables administrators to determine which search filters are available and which training types are searchable.
When the redesigned Course Catalog is enabled, this section applies to Global Search and Course Catalog Search. Otherwise, this section only applies to Global Search.
Note: Connect postings do not operate as stand alone LOs such as online classes, curricula, videos, etc. and therefore do not exist in the Course Catalog. Postings are, however, searchable via Global Search.
Refine Search Options
The Refine Search Options section of the Search Preferences - Training page enables administrators to determine which search refinement options are available to users when the Training tab is selected on the Global Search page. When the redesigned Course Catalog is enabled, this section also applies to Global Search and Course Catalog Search.
Select this option to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
- If there are no customizations to the child OU, then the parent OU customizations are applied to all child OUs.
- Overwrite custom settings checkbox setting
- If this option is selected, all child OU customizations are deleted from the database, which means the parent OU customizations will be applied to new and existing child OUs.
- If this option is unselected, all existing child OU customizations will remain unchanged, and any new child OUs will inherit the parent OU customizations by default.
- If a child OU has been customized to display any widgets, then regardless of the parent OU customizations, the child OU customizations are applied.
- If a child OU has been customized to hide all widgets, then parent OU customizations will take precedence and will be applied.
Note: This option applies to all tabs within Search Preferences (e.g., General, People, Training), not just the current tab.
To continue modifying Search Preferences, click the appropriate tab in the left navigation bar.
To save changes for all pages within Search Preferences, click.
To discard all unsaved changes made on all pages within Search Preferences, click.