To edit a competency, go to. Then, click the Edit icon to the right of the appropriate competency.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Competency Assessment Bank Admin - Manage||Grants ability to create, copy, edit, view, and delete competencies in the Competency Bank. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|
Quick Start Guide for Competencies
Select the following link to view a guide to getting started with competencies, including creating competencies, competency models, and tasks.
When editing a competency, the changes affect the system in different ways. See Competency and Competency Model Versioning .
Enter the following information for the competency:
- Name - Enter a descriptive name for the competency. This is required. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Description - Enter a description for the competency. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages. The character limit is 5000.
- Version - This field displays the competency version number. This field is read-only.
- ID - Enter an ID. This is not required.
- Admin Visibility - This option enables the administrator to define which administrators are able to view the competency in the Competency Bank and when creating competency models and skills matrix roles. Administrators must also have permission to view or manage the competency. This applies to all versions of the competency. Editing this option does not create a new competency version. Visibility can be set by OU, Group, or specific users. Select the Include Subordinates option to include subordinate OUs or users. If no visibility is set, then the competency is visible to all administrators who have permission to view competencies.
- Assessment Type - Choose from one of the following in the drop-down:
- Competency Item - This type lists the specific behaviors in the competency as items to be rated on a scale for the assessor. This option MUST be selected when creating a competency for observation checklists.
- Behavior - This type lists a set of behavior descriptions to select from, rather than a rating scale.
- Category - Select a category. This is a category that can be used to organize competencies. Note: When editing a competency, modifying the category may impact the competency's grouping within a competency model.
- Cluster - Select a cluster. This is a category that can be used to organize competencies.
- Provider - Select a provider.
- Training Equivalence - This option enables administrators to define equivalent training for the competency. When equivalent training is set for a competency, users can complete the equivalent training as a method of obtaining a target rating for the competency. See Competency - Create - Training Equivalence.
- Suggested Feedback - Click the link to add comments that can be selected by assessors when completing a competency assessment. A pop-up window will appear. Note: This does not apply to competencies for observation checklists.
- Comment - Enter the appropriate suggestive text for the comment. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Category - Select the category the comment will belong to (includes Negative, Neutral, and Positive). Multiple comments can be added to each category.
- Click .
- Development Actions - Click the link to add training that will be suggested as a result of a user's competency assessment score and/or recommending training items to develop the competency further. This opens the Select Development Actions pop-up. Select from active learning objects from the catalog or add Free Form Training activities to the competency. Note: This does not apply to competencies for observation checklists.
- Configure the MIN RATING and MAX RATING necessary to view the activity.
If the assessment type is set to Competency Item, you can create a competency item by clicking the Assessment Type drop-down list.link above the Item table. If the assessment type is set to Behavior, you can create a behavior competency item by clicking the link above the Behavior table. The assessment type is set with the
- In the Name field, enter the name of the behavior or item. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- From the Rating drop-down, select the appropriate rating for the item or behavior.
- Click the Save icon to save the item or competency.
- When multiple items or behaviors are added to the competency, the administrator can sort the items or behaviors.
- After an item or behavior is added, you can add a development action to it by clicking the Add Development Actions icon in the Options column. After selecting development actions, they appear below the item or behavior.
After configuring the competency, click.
When creating a behavior-based competency within the Competency Bank for use within a Review-Based Competency Assessment Task, an HTML white list is used for the behavior's Name field. Only HTML tags that are on the white list will be rendered.
Only certain HTML tags will be rendered. All other tags will not be rendered and the tags will display as text. See the Whitelisted Customizable Elements topic in Online Help for more information.