On the Options page of the create workflow, configure the training assignment workflow and email settings.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Assignment Tool - Email Settings - View||Grants ability to view and select email settings when creating a Learning Assignment. This includes the ability to select Training Specific Emails, Custom Emails, or No Emails but does not grant ability to manage the actual Email Settings (cannot configure Custom Emails or Ad-Hoc Email and cannot enable/disable Assign Training and Register Training email triggers when Training Specific Emails is selected). This permission is dependent on the Assignment Tool - Standard, Assignment Tool - Standard and Dynamic, and Assignment Tool - Standard and Dynamic - Recurrence permissions. This permission can be constrained by OU, User, User Self and Subordinates, and User's OU. If this permission is constrained, then only users within the constraints will receive the emails. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Assignment Tool - Bypass User Payment||Grants ability to bypass user payment when creating a Learning Assignment. When user payment is bypassed, users are automatically registered into the training regardless of whether or not payment is required. This permission is dependent on the Assignment Tool - Standard, Assignment Tool - Standard and Dynamic, and Assignment Tool - Standard and Dynamic - Recurrence permissions. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Assignment Tool - Standard and Dynamic||
Grants ability to create Standard (one-time) and Dynamic (continuous) Learning Assignments to directly assign training to users. This permission can be constrained by OU, Provider, Training Item, Training Type, User, User Self and Subordinates, and User's OU. If this permission is constrained by Location, Provider, Training Type, or Training Item, then they can only assign training within the constraints. If this permission is constrained by OU, User, User Self and Subordinates, or User's OU, then they can only assign to and view assignments created by users within the constraints. This is an administrator permission.
|Learning - Administration|
|Assignment Tool - Standard||
Grants ability to create Standard (one-time) Learning Assignments to directly assign training to users. This permission can be constrained by OU, Provider, Training Item, Training Type, User, User Self and Subordinates, and User's OU. If this permission is constrained by Location, Provider, Training Type, or Training Item, then they can only assign training within the constraints. If this permission is constrained by OU, User, User Self and Subordinates, or User's OU, then they can only assign to and view assignments created by users within the constraints. This is an administrator permission.
|Learning - Administration|
The Dynamic Removal section only appears if Dynamic has been selected as the assignment type and the administrator has permission to manage dynamic removal. If a learning assignment is dynamic, you have the option to allow training (in certain statuses) assigned via the learning assignment to be automatically removed from users' transcripts if the users no longer meet the assignment criteria. The Dynamic Removal option is turned off by default. To turn dynamic removal on, toggle the Enable Dynamic Removal switch to the On position.
Note: If a user has previously completed a version of training included in a dynamic learning assignment, they will be included in the reassignment if they re-enter the assignment criteria again in the future if the following are true:
- Dynamic Removal is enabled for the assignment
- Dynamic Reassignment is enabled for the assignment
- The Re-assigned Latest Version option is enabled for the assignment
If dynamic removal is enabled, additional options for dynamic training removal appear. Available options include:
- Remove In Progress Training - By default, training that is already in an In Progress status on users' transcripts will not be removed by dynamic removal, even if the user no longer meets the criteria for the assignment. To allow the dynamic removal rule to remove training that has already been started, in addition to training that has not been started, toggle this option to the On position. This option is disabled by default.
- Remove Training within Curricula - By default, when a curriculum is removed from users' transcripts via dynamic removal, all child learning objects (LOs) from the curriculum remain as stand-alone LOs on users' transcripts. Selecting this option allows these child LOs to ALSO be removed from users' transcripts when removing a curriculum via dynamic removal. This option is disabled by default.
Dynamic Learning Assignment - Dynamic Removal for In Progress Training
To enable the dynamic removal of training that is currently in progress on users' transcripts:
- Select Dynamic as the Assignment Type for the learning assignment. Additional options become available on the Options page of the Create Assignment process.
- Toggle the Enable Dynamic Removal switch to the On (green) position. The option to remove in-progress training will become available after this option is selected.
- Toggle the Include removing training that is in progress switch to the On (green) position. After the learning assignment is submitted and processed, if users who have been assigned the training no longer meet the assignment criteria, the training in this assignment will be removed from their transcripts whether it is not started or in progress (or equivalent statuses). For a list of equivalent statuses, please see the training status equivalents below.
Note: If users paid for training and then the training is later removed from their transcripts via dynamic removal, the training price is refunded to the user.
Training Assignment Workflow
In the Training Assignment Workflow section, determine how the training should be assigned. Your selection will impact what status the training will be in on users' transcripts and may override any availability or approval workflows configured at the training level within the Course Catalog. Available options include:
- Assigned Only - When selected, the training will only be assigned and may still require the user to receive approval and register for the training before they are able to access the training. This option is selected by default. Note: If the creator of the assignment is also the required approver for the assigned training, their approval will automatically be applied to the assigned training.
- Assigned and Approved - When selected, the training will be automatically approved. No approval will be necessary before users are allowed to take the training, regardless of any configured approval workflows, but users may still need to register for the training.
- Assigned, Approved, and Registered - When selected, the training will be automatically approved and registered. No approval and no registration will be required before the users are allowed to access the training.
If this option is selected, an additional option to bypass user payment appears:
- Bypass User Payment - Enabling this option will prevent users from being prompted to pay for training. The training will be placed on their transcripts and no payment is needed from the user. This setting is disabled by default.
- Completed - This option is only available when assigning a session which occurs in the past. The session will be added to users' transcripts in a status of Completed. If any other training items are being assigned with the session, this option is not available.
Note: The above selections may override any training-specific workflows configured at the training level. However, some training-specific workflows are still respected if applicable to the workflow. For example, If the Assigned and Approved option is selected, but the Register upon Approval option is selected at the training level, then the training is placed on the user's transcript in a status of Registered, which respects both settings.
On the Options page of the learning assignment creation process, the Prerequisite Options section provides access to the Enforce Prerequisites switch. The setting of this switch defaults to the configurations set in Assignment Tool Preferences (enabled or disabled), and the administrator creating the assignment can use this toggle switch to change the prerequisite settings for just the assignment they are creating. To enforce prerequisites at the assignment level:
- Toggle the Prerequisites Enforced switch to the On (green) position. Alternatively, if you do not want the learning assignment to enforce prerequisites, toggle this switch to the Off (gray) position.
- Continue creating the rest of the learning assignment as desired. See Create Learning Assignment - Overview.
If the assignment is configured to enforce prerequisites, users who do not meet the prerequisite requirements for the training in the assignment will NOT receive the training.
Use Case: Prerequisites Enforced Globally
Bradley is a Learning and Compliance manager at ABC Electric, and he notices that many of his employees are being assigned to tasks and shifts they are not trained for, creating a safety and regulatory risk. He discovers that some of his administrators are incorrectly assigning training by bypassing required prerequisites through the Learning Assignment Tool.
To remedy the problem, Bradley enables the Enforce Prerequisites option on the Assignment Tool Preferences page. This allows his administrators to easily create learning assignments which obey prerequisite requirements and NOT assign training to users who have not yet completed the training's required prerequisites.
Use Case: Prerequisite Requirements Obeyed by Assignment
Jackie is a learning administrator for ABC Electric. Jackie creates a dynamic learning assignment to assign the Advanced Transformer Repair curriculum to all New York employees. Because the Enforce Prerequisites option is enabled, any user who does not meet the prerequisite requirements for the curriculum will not be assigned the curriculum.
Henry, an employee in the New York division, was included in the assignment, but he does not receive the Advanced Transformer Repair curriculum because he has not yet taken the prerequisite curriculum which is required for the Advanced Transformer Repair curriculum. Weeks later, Henry completes the prerequisite training, and the next time the dynamic learning assignment processes, he receives the Advanced Transformer Repair Curriculum because the assignment recognizes that he now meets the prerequisite requirements for the training.
In the Email Settings section, configure emails for the learning assignment. Select the radio button for your chosen email option. Available options include:
- Training Specific Emails - This option uses the default email settings found at the learning object (LO) level, which can be configured in the Course Catalog. This email option is selected by default. When using training-specific emails, the LO level email settings display on the Confirm tab in the Setup tile. Two additional options are also available for Training Specific emails:
- Send Assign Training Emails - Toggle this switch to the On position if Assign Training emails configured at the LO level should be sent for the training in this assignment. By default, this option is turned off.
- Send Register Training Emails - Toggle this switch to the On position if Register Training emails configured at the LO level should be sent for the training in this assignment. By default, this option is turned off. Note: The default value of this option is defined by a backend setting.
- Custom Emails - This option allows you to create a unique set of emails for this learning assignment only. Any other emails configured at the learning object (LO) level (that are not displayed here) will continue to be sent to users. If this option is selected, you can click the button. A pop-up window will open, in which you can configure custom emails for the assignment. All other emails for the available triggers will be suppressed, whether they are set up at the main Email Administration area or at the Email by LO level.
- Ad-Hoc Email - This option allows you to create one email which will be sent with this learning assignment at the time it processes. This suppresses all emails configured at the training level. If this option is selected, you can click the button. A pop-up window opens, in which you can configure the email that will be sent when the learning assignment processes. Note: The Add-Hoc email will be sent for EACH training item in the assignment.
- No Emails - This option suppresses all emails from firing for this learning assignment, no matter what emails are configured in Email Administration or for the LO type.
- Curricula with Auto-Registration - If the assignment includes one or more curriculum, this option appears. This setting gives the administrator the ability to suppress Register Training emails that are configured for the training within the Curriculum that is set to auto-register when the user is registered for the curriculum. Note: This setting does not apply to training that is set to auto-register upon completion of the preceding training.
Send Register Training emails - This option defines whether or not Register Training emails are sent to users (if child LOs are set to auto-register upon registration of the curriculum). If toggled to the on position, any related Register Training emails will be sent to users. This option is turned off by default.
Note: The above email settings do NOT apply to Observation Checklists. Any Observation Checklists (within a curriculum) will send emails based on their default email settings configured in Email Administration.
Note: Email digests respect the No Emails setting when configured either at the LO level or from within a learning assignment. Either the Custom Emails option or the Training Specific Emails option must be selected. If the Training is Due email digest section is enabled, the Training is Due email trigger must be inactive to prevent the training emails from firing. Otherwise, the user will receive both an email digest AND an individual email.
Note: No changes can be made to these email settings after the assignment is submitted. However, any changes made to the email settings configured at the training level will apply to future assignments.