The Job Application API delivers a seamless candidate experience with the ability to send job board application data to Cornerstone, enabling candidates to apply directly to requisitions using their information from job boards.
Job boards are a key way to source candidates. If a candidate wants to apply to a position from a job board, they are typically redirected to a career site, which can interrupt the candidate experience and decrease conversion rates. The Job Application API is a user-centric interface that allows job seekers to “one-click” apply using their resume details from the job board without having to visit the career site.
Is being an Early Adopter right for my organization?
- My organization uses job boards to post jobs
- My organization has simple application workflows. Note: Prescreening questions are targeted to be available for a one-click apply workflow when this enhancement is ready for General Availability (GA).
- My organization would like to see the source of the application, even if the candidate is rerouted to the job board.
- The job board I work with is willing to build to our Job Application API
The Job Application API will be generic so that other job boards can use it, in addition to Stepstone job boards.
Frequently Asked Questions
An API for job applications connects application data from a job board to your Cornerstone portal. When a candidate applies for a job that was posted to a job board from your Cornerstone Recruiting post jobs page, and the job board is configured for one-click apply functionality, the candidate's data is passed from the external job board to your Cornerstone portal. The candidate is added to the candidate pool, and their resume and contact information are also passed to your portal.
A job board is a hosting site for your jobs. A job board also lets candidates create an account and store their resume on the site. When a candidate goes onto the job board and finds your jobs, they can apply directly from the job board, without having to be redirected to your career site.
This provides a complete application experience that reduces the amount of time applicants need to spend applying to your jobs.
- A job board lets candidates apply to your jobs directly from the job board.
- A search engine displays your jobs, but it does not provide an application process. Candidates must apply via your career site.
- A career site can display your jobs and provide a complete application process. However, if a career site is the only place your jobs are listed, then candidates will not have as many opportunities to find your jobs.
- Only contact information, resume, and additional attachments are currently eligible for the Job Application API.
- The following fields are available:
If an application has pre-screening questions, assessments, or other non-supported action items, the application cannot be completed with a one-click experience. Instead, candidates are taken to the client’s career site to continue their application, where they can answer the pre-screening questions and to take assessments.
If the application is utilizing the Mobile-Friendly Candidate Experience, they are taken to the application where their information from the job board is pre-populated in the application fields. Their resume and cover letter are also passed to your portal. The pre-population of fields is only available for Mobile-Friendly application workflows.
Job Application API is in the Early Adopter phase and is only available for organizations using Recruiting. For enablement information, See Enable Job Application API.
The following permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|External Job Application API: Manage||Grants access to manage the Job Application API. This permission is automatically enabled upon enabling either the Cornerstone API bundle or the One-Click Apply with Stepstone integration. Only available if enabled by a backend setting.||Edge|
|Edge Develop - API Explorer||Grants access to the API Explorer, which provides access to help documentation for various API applications.||Edge|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|
|Last Published: 9/10/2021||If you have feedback or suggestions for an Online Help article, please select this link.||© 2021, Cornerstone OnDemand|