|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Succession Management Plan Templates - Manage||Grants ability to create and edit Succession Management Plan (SMP) templates for use in assessing talent (incumbents and successors) in SMP tasks. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Talent/Succession - Administration|
The following page contains a guide for using a Formula Metric field in a Succession template:
Manage Succession Custom Fields
Search for a Field
The following filters are available to search for an existing custom field:
- Name - Enter search terms in the filter. The field displays results for a partial or exact match to the search terms.
- Field Type - Select a field type from the drop-down.
- Include Inactive - Check the box to include inactive custom fields in the search.
Once all filters are defined, click. This refreshes the fields table with the filtered results.
Add Custom Field
To create a custom field, click the Add Field icon. This opens the Define field page. From here, you can select the type of field you want to create and define the options for the field if applicable. Information about how to create the specific types of custom fields (i.e., branched dropdown, checkbox, etc.) is available on the "Custom Field Type Options" page in Online Help. See Custom Field Admin - Custom Field Type Options.
This table displays all existing custom fields for the field area. The table is sorted in alphabetical order by name. The Title and Created By columns are sortable. The following information displays in the table:
- Title - This column displays the title of the custom field.
- Type - This column displays the field type, such as radio button or short text box.
- Created By - This column displays the name of the administrator who created the field by last name, first name.
- Active - This column defines the active status of the field. To activate the field, check the box in the Active column. To inactivate the field, uncheck the box.
- Options - The following options are available in the Options column:
- Edit - Click the Edit icon to edit the field. The field type cannot be modified when editing the field. See Custom Field Admin - Custom Field Type Options.
- Delete - Click the Trash Can icon to delete the field. This option is only available if the custom field has not been used. If a field has been used, then it cannot be deleted and the Trash Can icon does not display.
When active, the custom field is available to use by administrators who meet the field's availability requirements. Inactive custom fields are not available to use.
To add a new custom field, follow these steps:
- Click Add Field icon to the right of the Fields heading.
- Enter the following information for the field:
- Name - Enter name of custom field that will be visible to end users. The character limit for this field is 50. If multiple languages are enabled, click the globe icon to translate the name into other available languages.
- Type - From the drop-down list, select the type of field you are creating. The following options are available. See Custom Field Admin - Custom Field Type Options.
- Date Field
- Formula Metric
- Metric Grid
- Numeric Field
- OU Field
- Radio Button
- Rating Scaling Metric
- Scrolling Text Box
- Short Text Box