From the Certification Administration page, you can view and manage certifications. Using the search filters, you can search for certifications by title, family, category, or language. You can create certifications and view and manage certification families and categories.
To access the Certification Administration screen, select.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Certification - Categories Admin||Grants administrators ability to manage certification categories. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Certification - Family Admin||Grants administrators ability to manage certification families. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Certification - Manage||Grants administrators ability to manage certifications. This permission can be constrained by OU and User's OU. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Certification - Owner||Grants user ability to act as the certification owner, which enables them to view and approve requests for the certification, manage users in the certification, and edit the due date/expiration date for users in the certification. This permission can be constrained by OU and User's OU. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
The following features are available in the Manage Certifications table:
- Create a New Certification - Click this link to create a new certification. See Certification - Create/Edit.
- Manage Families and Categories - Click this link to view and manage certification families and categories. Families and Categories provide the administrator the ability to categorize certifications in two separate manners. This link is only available to administrators with permission to manage families or categories. Note: The link displays for portals with both certification families and certification categories enabled. For portals with certification families only, the link is titled . For portals with certification categories only, the link is titled .See Certification Families and Categories.
- Search - Search for certifications by title, course code, family, or category. Use the language drop-down to filter by languages. Check the Include Inactive box to display inactive certifications.
- Title - Use this field to search for a certification by title.
- Course Code - Use this field to search for a specific certification, using that certification's auto-generated course code (if course code functionality has been activated in your portal).
- Family - Use this field to search for a certification by family.
- Category - Use this field to search for a certification by category.
- Version - This displays the version of the certification you are creating or editing. New certifications begin as version 1.0. This value is automatically updated and cannot be edited.
- Language - The language associated with the certification. All languages enabled for the portal display. Note: If a certification is available in multiple languages, the Language column displays the first two languages in which the certification is available. Hovering over the ellipses displays the other available languages.
- Last Modified - The date the certification was last modified.
- Owner(s) - The owner of the certification is specified during creation and can view and approve requests. Owners can also modify the certification as well as the administrator.
- Status - The Active status. Inactive certifications are not available for assignment or completion.
- Previous Versions - If a certification has previous versions, there is a plus icon to the left of the certification title. Click the plus icon to view all previous versions.
- Certification Options - View, edit, copy, or delete a certification using the available options.
- View - Click this icon to view the certification framework in a pop-up window.
- Edit - Currently, if the certification is assigned to a user, only the General section can be modified.
- Copy - Administrators can copy any current, inactive, or previous version of a certification.
- Delete - Certifications can be deleted if no users have ever requested it or have ever been assigned to it. Otherwise, the Delete option is not available. Previous versions of a certification cannot be deleted.
Update Certificate for All Certifications
Administrators with the Certification - Custom Certificate Update permission have access to the link on the Certification Administration page.
This option allows customers to update the custom certification certificate, and the certificate should be available for existing and new certifications. If the certificate changes are not available, please open a case with Global Customer Support to ensure the backend setting related to Designation of Custom Certificate is enabled.
Selecting thelink opens the Custom Certificate Advanced Editor page where the administrator can configure a certificate template that will apply to all certifications.
For more information about creating custom certificates: See Create Custom Certificates.
Note: Certification Certificates have different tags than other learning objects, and the editor does not show the View Tags link or the Certificate Title.
The following tags are supported for Certification Certificates.