Create Custom Certificates
When creating or editing a custom certificate, a Telerik HTML editor is used. For additional information about the editor, visit http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/editor/examples/default/defaultcs.aspx.
Once the user completes the training, the certificate is available on the Training Details page for the LO. Users can view and print the certificate from this page. Managers and administrators can also view and print the certificate when accessing the user's transcript.
In the Certificate Title field, enter a title for the certificate. This title should describe the purpose of the certificate. This is required and the character limit is 300.
Best Practice: When editing a certificate, it is a best practice to change the certificate name each time. This is because when a certificate from a parent OU is modified, the certificate from the parent OU remains available along with the modified version of the certificate. If these two certificates are named the same, it is difficult to distinguish them.
In the editor, there are two editing modes: Design and HTML. When in Design mode, you can use the standard editing tools to format your text, similar to your word processor application. When in HTML mode, the standard editing tools are disabled and you are able to view and modify the HTML code that is used to design the certificate. To switch between modes, click the appropriate tab in the lower-left corner of the editor. Only certain HTML tags will be rendered. All other tags will not be rendered and the tags will display as text. See Safe Listed Customizable Elements.
When adding an image to a custom certificate, the image must be uploaded to the Image Manager in order to appear properly in the certificate. However, there are currently no constraints available, so any image that is loaded can be viewed by any user with permission to manage custom certificates. To open the Image Manager, click the Image Manager icon . This opens the Image Manager. Click the Upload button to select the image to upload. The maximum file size is 1,024KB, and the accepted file types are .gif, .xbm, .xpm, .png, .ief, .jpg, .jpe, .jpeg, .tiff, .tif, .rgb, .g3f, .wxd, .pict, .ppm, .pgm, .pbm, .pnm, .bmp, .ras, .pcd, .cgm, .mil, .cal, .fif, .dsf, .cmx, .wi, .dwg, .dxf, .svf.
Note: When previewing the certificate, .tif and .tiff images are not supported.
To view the available tags for the certificate, click the link in the upper-left corner. This includes all available standard tags and custom field tags that may exist in your portal. To use one of the tags, can copy and paste the tag into the editor. All custom fields must be referenced in all capital letters. The field name must be placed within square brackets ("[ ]"). The following custom fields are available:
- [USERNAME] - User's Full Name
- [USERFIRSTNAME] - User First Name
- [USERLASTNAME] - User Last Name
- [COURSETITLE] - Course Title
- [COURSEPROVIDER] - Course Provider
- [COURSE.SCORE.PERCENTAGE] - Course score as a percentage
- [COURSE.SCORE.RATIO] - Course score as a ratio
- [COURSEDESCRIPTION] - Course Description
- [CERTIFICATEDATE] - Course Completion Date
- [CERTIFICATELONGDATE] - Course Completion Long Date
- [OBJECTTYPE] - Course Type
- [ILT.OBJECTIVES] - Event/Session Objectives
- [OBJDURATION] - Course Duration
- [OBJCREDITS] - Course Credits
- [MANAGER] - Manager Name
- [SESSIONCITY] - Session City
- [SESSIONSTATE] - Session State
- [SESSIONSTARTDATE] - Session Start Date
- [SESSIONSTARTLONGDATE] - Session Start Long Date
- [SESSIONENDDATE] - Session End Date
- [USERPHOTO.SMALL] - User's profile photo in 48 x 48 pixel size
- [USERPHOTO.MEDIUM] - User's profile photo in 100 x 100 pixel size
- [USERPHOTO.LARGE] - User's profile photo in 200 x 200 pixel size
- [USERPHOTO.XLARGE] - User's profile photo in 400 x 400 pixel size
All certificate fields are available. All training custom fields are available if they are Date Fields, Numerical Fields, Short Text Boxes, or Scrolling Text Boxes.
As previously stated, in Design mode, the standard editing tools are available to format the text. The final option in the bottom right corner of the editing toolbar is the Import Field option . Click this option to view and import the available custom fields.
Users in an Exempt status for training with an associated certificate will NOT be able to access or print the learning certificate from any system location. When a user is in an Exempt status for a training item, the following features, as they relate to the exempted training, are not available to the user:
- The link is not available on the Transcript Details page for the training
- The certificate cannot be printed from the Assignment and Version History page for the training
- The View Certificate option is not available for the training on the learning transcript
- The View My Certificate tile does not display on the Training Completion page
- The View Certificate option is not available for the training via the Curricula Player
Training completion certificates are generated from the current template and stored when the training is complete. Subsequent changes to the template do not affect completion certificates that were already generated. If no completion certificate is configured for a training item at the time a user completes the training, no certificate will be generated. If a certificate is configured at a later date and associated with a training item which a user has completed, a completion certificate is then generated using the current saved template.