To manage cohorts for a program, go to. Then, click the View Cohorts icon in the Options column for the appropriate program.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Social Learning Cohorts - Edit||Grants ability to access the Manage Cohorts page and to edit existing cohort learning objects. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Social Learning Cohorts - Manage||Grants ability to access the Manage Cohorts page and to view, create, and edit cohort learning objects. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
The name of the program for which the administrator is managing cohorts is displayed at the top of the page (e.g., Manage Cohorts - [Program Name]).
Create New Cohort
To create a new cohort for the program, click the See Cohort - Create/Edit - Step 1 - General.link. This option is only available to administrators who have permission to manage cohorts.
By default, only active cohorts are displayed in the table. Select this option to include inactive cohorts in the table.
The following information is displayed for each existing cohort in the Cohorts table:
- Cohort Name - This displays the name of the cohort.
- Start Date - This displays the date and time at which the cohort starts.
- End Date - This displays the date and time at which the cohort ends. Users who have completed all cohort requirements will move to a Completed status on this date.
- Enrollment - This displays the number of enrolled users for the cohort and the maximum enrollment for the cohort.
- Status - This displays the status of the cohort.
This option is selected by default. When this option is not selected, the cohort is inactive.
- When a cohort is inactive, the cohort LO is not available to users, the cohort community is hidden from all cohort members and the All Communities page, and any links to the cohort community will display an Access Denied page. If the cohort is made active, the cohort community is available again.
- If the cohort community has a shared topic, then the cohort cannot be made inactive. The shared topics must first be unshared from the cohort community before it can be made inactive.
The following options may be available for the cohort in the Options column:
- View Roster - Select this option to view the roster for the cohort. This option is only available to administrators who have permission to edit or manage cohorts. See Cohort Roster.
- Edit Cohort - Select this option to edit the cohort. This option is only available to administrators who have permission to edit or manage cohorts. See Cohort - Create/Edit - Step 1 - General.
If a training item contained within a cohort is versioned after the cohort started, learners will not receive the new version. If versioning a training item that is contained within a cohort, it is a best practice to edit the cohort, remove the older version of the training item from the cohort, and then add the new version of the training item to the cohort.