Login Message Preferences
Login Message preferences enable administrators to create messages that appear to users on the Welcome page when they log in to the system. A login message could be a notification that the portal is undergoing maintenance or that certain company-wide training is due that day. Messages could also be used to communicate important company information.
Administrators can configure messages to appear each time a user logs in or only once at login. Further, you can add a series of actions to a message that direct users to another website, send them an email, or even log them out of the system.
The Login Message works with the most commonly used landing pages:
- Welcome Page
- Custom Pages
- Learner Home
- Other pages that contain “/ui/” in the URL
- Other pages that contain “/phnx/driver.aspx?” in the URL
To access Login Message preferences, go to.
Create Login Message
Select the Create Login Message link to create a new login message. This takes you to the General step of creating a login message. See Create Login Message - General.
All active login messages are displayed in the table by default. To include inactive login messages in the table, select the Display Inactive option.
Login Messages Table
The following information displays for login messages:
- Rank - This column displays the message's rank. This column also determines the order in which messages appear for users who meet the availability criteria for more than one message during overlapping display periods.
- Title - This column displays the message title.
- Availability - This column displays the OU for which the message is configured to display. If multiple OUs are configured for the message, then each OU appears on its own line.
- Display Period - This column displays the dates during which the message is configured to display.
- Mobile Only - When this option is selected for a login message, the message only displays in the Cornerstone Learn app. It does not display when logging in via web browser. Similarly, if this option is not selected for a login message, the message only displays when logging in via web browser. It is not displayed when logging in to Cornerstone Learn. A mobile-only login message only displays to a user if the user is using the latest version of the Cornerstone Learn app.
- For any login messages that existed prior to the October 2019 release, this checkbox is disabled and cannot be selected. In order to create a mobile-only login message, administrators must copy an existing message or create a new one.
- Active - This column displays the active status of the message. The column displays "Yes" for active messages and "No" for inactive messages. Note: The active status is managed on the General step of the Define Login Message page.
You can change a message's rank by dragging and dropping the message to the desired position. Note: New messages always appear at the bottom of the list and must be manually reordered to change the rank.
The following options are available in the Options column:
- Edit - Click the Edit icon to edit the message, including the active status of the message.
- Copy - Click the Copy icon to copy the message. All areas of the message are copied. Copied messages are active by default.
- Delete - Click the Trash Can icon to delete the message.
Select this option to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
- If there are no customizations to the child OU, then the parent OU customizations are applied to all child OUs.
- Overwrite custom settings checkbox setting
- If this option is selected, all child OU customizations are deleted from the database, which means the parent OU customizations will be applied to new and existing child OUs.
- If this option is unselected, all existing child OU customizations will remain unchanged, and any new child OUs will inherit the parent OU customizations by default.
- If a child OU has been customized to display any widgets, then regardless of the parent OU customizations, the child OU customizations are applied.
- If a child OU has been customized to hide all widgets, then parent OU customizations will take precedence and will be applied.
Once all preference settings are completed on the Login Messages Administration page, click. Changes made to this page are not committed until you click . Click to cancel the changes made to the Login Messages Administration page. Clicking either button takes you to the select OU page of Login Message preferences.