The Navigational Tabs & Links page enables administrators to customize which tabs and links are available to users in the system
Troubleshooting Note: System pages that are not added to the parent organizational unit's (OU) Navigation Tabs and Links are not available to add in child OU's Navigation Tabs and Links. Thus, when adding pages to a child OU's Navigation Tabs and Links, pages do not appear in the Select Page pop-up until they have been added to the parent OU's Navigation Tabs and Links. This does not apply to custom pages.
Note: When configuring the navigation tabs and links, if a user does not have access to any of the linked pages within a tab, the tab does not appear to that user in the Navigation bar.
To manage Navigation Tabs and Links preferences, go to.
Add New Tab
Select the Name field and select the button. The character limit for this field is 100. By default, the new tab is added to the bottom of the page as the last tab in the navigation.link to add a new tab to the main navigation. This opens the Add Tab pop-up. Enter the new tab name in the
Navigation Tabs and Links Table
The following information is displayed for each navigation tab and link:
- Name - This displays the navigation tab or page name.
- Navigation Tabs - Navigation tabs are denoted by a blue row color. Tabs are displayed in the order in which they appear in the navigation. Tab rows can be collapsed within the table by clicking the arrow to the left of the tab name. When a tab row is collapsed, the links within the tab are hidden, but the tab functionality is not affected within the system.
- Links - Links are denoted by a gray row color. Links are displayed in the order in which they appear within the tab.
The link that is set as the landing page for the division is denoted by a blue home icon . A landing page must be designated. Below each link name, the page header is displayed. If the designated landing page is not available for a user as a result of permissions, the first available page in the first available tab is the user's landing page.
- The header does not display for Welcome pages because that may vary between Welcome pages.
- Link Title - This displays the title of the link that displays to users. This field is not applicable for navigation tabs.
- URL - This displays the URL for the custom page. This field is not applicable for navigation tabs.
Navigation Tab Options
The following options are available in the Options column for navigation tabs:
- Add Page - Select this icon to add a page to the tab. This opens the Select Page pop-up. See Navigation Tabs and Links - Add Page. The selected page is added to the bottom of the selected navigation tab. The page can then be reordered, if necessary, by dragging and dropping the page into the appropriate position.
- Edit Tab - Select this icon to edit the tab name. The character limit is 100. If multiple languages are available, translate the tab name into other available languages.
- Delete Tab - Select this icon to delete the tab. If no pages exist within the tab, the tab is removed upon click. If there is at least one page within the tab, a confirmation message appears prior to deleting the tab.
The following options are available in the Options column for links:
- Edit Link - Select this icon to edit the link properties. This includes the link URL, title, UI, etc. The functionality varies depending on whether the page is a Welcome page, System page, or Custom page. See Navigation Tabs and Links - Edit Link.
- Delete Link - Select this icon to remove a link from the tab. When a link is deleted, the associated page is not deleted, it is simply removed from the navigation tab. The page link can be re-added by selecting the Add Page icon in the navigation tab Options column. When a page link is deleted and then re-added, all previous settings are maintained. See Navigation Tabs and Links - Add Page.
If the Browse for Training landing page is enabled, the Browse for Training navigation link automatically directs users to the Browse for Training landing page. The regular Browse for Training page can be added as an additional navigation link, if needed.
Within Navigation Tabs and Links, the Browse for Training landing page is named "Browse for Training Home." The regular Browse for Training page is named "Browse for Training."
Select this option to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
- If this option is unselected, then only the child OUs that do not have customized settings are updated, as well as any OUs that are added in the future.
- A child OU that has not been customized always inherits from the parent, regardless of whether this option is selected.
- An OU is considered customized if its preferences or settings have been changed.
The following options are available at the bottom of the page:
- - Save all changes that were made. When this button is clicked, the administrator remains on this page.
- - Save all changes that were made and return to the previous page.
- - Cancel all changes made prior to the most recent Save operation. This also returns you to the previous page.
All edits and updates made to this instance of the Navigation Tabs and Links are tracked in the Modification History section.