The Duplicate Applicants Management section enables administrators to define the parameters that the system will use to identify and auto-merge duplicate applicants. The Prevent Duplicates and Flag Potential Duplicates options are only enabled if the Phone Required option is selected in the Applicant Preferences section. Additional duplicate applicant options are enabled if the Flag Potential Duplicates option is selected.
- An applicant applies to a job using his personal email address. The application requires completion of an external assessment that the organization uses to gather general information about applicants. All applicants, regardless of the requisition to which they apply, are required to complete the assessment. However, the assessment should only be completed once by a single applicant.
- An applicant creates multiple profiles on an organization's career site. The applicant applies to multiple jobs and is rejected each time as an unqualified applicant. A recruiter checks the ATS for duplicate applicants and sees that the applicant has applied to various jobs and been rejected over and over. The system has automatically flagged each additional profile as a duplicate. In order to ensure that the applicant does not continue to be reviewed and is no longer in consideration for any of the requisitions, she updates the applicant's status to Closed for each profile.
The applicant completes the assessment, for which the organization is charged by the vendor. One week later, the same applicant applies to the same job using his university email address. He takes the same assessment, and the organization is charged a second time by the vendor.
A recruiter checks the ATS for duplicate applicants and sees that the applicant has applied to the same job twice and completed the assessment twice. She enables the Prevent Duplicates option in Requisition and Applicant Preferences so that in the future, applicants can no longer create duplicate profiles in the career site. This eliminates the possibility that the same applicant will complete the general assessment more than once. This also reduces assessment costs.
To access Requisition Preferences, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
The following options are available in the Duplicate Applicants Management section:
- Candidates who are in a Hired status cannot be merged.
- If an applicant's submission is merged, the applicant can no longer log in to the career site using the login credentials for that submission. The applicant can only log in to the career site using the login credentials for the target profile.
- Once an applicant is merged, the resume and any documents are moved from the merged applicant profile to the target profile.
- Merged profiles can still be accessed, but, as noted above, the application materials associated with the profile are moved to the target profile.
- When a submission is merged, only the target profile is used within the Applicant Tracking System (ATS). For example, the merged profile is not accessible from the Interview Manager, Requisition Snapshot, Manage Applicants, and Manage Candidates pages.
- Upon implementation, applicants who already exist in the ATS are not impacted by this enhancement. The system does not merge applicants retroactively.
- If there are no other potential duplicate applicants associated with an applicant who has been flagged with the Potential Duplicate Applicant flag, then when the applicant is merged into the target profile, the Potential Duplicate Applicant flag is removed from the merged profile. The system then flags the target profile with the Merged Duplicate Applicants flag.
- The Potential Duplicate Applicant flag remains on the target profile if there are other potential duplicate applicants.
- For merged applicants who are in an Offer Letter status type, the approval status of the offer letter is not impacted.