To access the Career Center Preferences, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Career Center Preferences - Manage||Grants access to set preferences for Career Center. This is an administrator permission.||Talent/Succession - Administration|
|Competency Assessment Model Admin - Edit||Grants ability to edit competency models. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|
|Competency Assessment Model Admin - Manage||Grants ability to create, edit, delete, and view competency models. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|
|Competency Assessment Model Admin - View||Grants ability to view competency models. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|
- Tab Name - In this field, set the tab names as necessary. The character limit for this field is 25.
- Active - Select this option to make the tab active and available. If the tab is inactive, it does not appear to users. At least one tab must be active.
- Translate - If multiple languages are available for your portal, click this icon to localize the tab name into other available languages.
For portals with the Recruiting module enabled, an Applications tab is available for Career Center. When the Applications tab is active in Career Center Preferences, the tab displays in Career Center, enabling internal applicants to manage tasks associated with their applications and view the status of their applications.
The tab can be renamed in the Tab column, up to 25 characters. The Active box can be checked or unchecked to activate or inactivate the tab. For portals with multiple languages enabled, click the Translate icon to translate the tab name into other available languages.
This section enables the administrator to determine which sections on the Resume will be active for users in the OU. Each section defined in Resume Administration will appear in the list of sections, including custom sections. See Resume Administration.
- Active - Select this option to make the Resume section active. If this section is inactive, it does not appear on the Resume page.
- Read Only - Select this option to make the section read-only. Read only sections cannot be modified by the user. By default, the Current Position and Internal Positions sections are read-only. If the administrator enabled the Allow users to enter their own position description option for the Current Position Section, then this section will not default to read-only. The read-only setting for the Internal Positions section cannot be modified.
- Admin Read Only - If this option is selected for a resume section, the corresponding Resume section cannot be modified by administrators. Because these preferences are set at the OU level, the Admin Read Only option applies to administrators within the corresponding OU.
- Order - To reorder the sections within the Resume page, drag and drop the sections into the desired order.
Depending on the Admin Read Only and Read Only option selections, the following scenarios are possible:
|Read Only?||Admin Read Only?||Result|
|Yes||Yes||No user can update the corresponding resume section.|
|No||Yes||Only the end user can update the corresponding resume section.|
|Yes||No||Only the administrator can update the corresponding resume section.|
|No||No||The end user and administrator can update the corresponding resume section.|
This section enables the administrator to attach a competency model to the Competencies section of the Resume for the OU. Users then have the option to add competencies from the selected model to their Resume. A different competency model can be attached for each OU. If the Competencies section is active for the Resume, then a competency model is required in order to save the preferences.
- Click Search icon to select competency model. When selecting a competency model, administrators can only view and select a competency model if they are within the Admin Visibility settings for the competency model and if they have permission to view, edit, or manage competency models.
- Search for competency model.
- Click Add icon to add the competency model. If a behavior competency model is selected for the OU, then the option Display selected behaviors will appear and will be checked by default. If checked, the selected behavior will appear on the user view of the resume when a behavior competency is added.
All available questions, including custom questions will appear. Newly added custom questions will not be set to active by default.
- Active - Select this option to determine which questions are active and appear on the Career Center for users in this OU. If a question is set to inactive, then that question does not appear to the end user on the Career Center under Career Preferences. If any one of the standard relocation questions is checked, then the other standard relocation questions are checked automatically. If any one of the standard relocation questions is unchecked, then the other standard relocation questions are unchecked automatically.
- Order - To reorder the questions within the Career Preferences page, drag and drop the question titles into the desired order.
This section displays all of the available job interest categories that have been created on the Job Interest Categories page. In order for the category to be active and available for users, it must be selected as Active on the Career Center Preferences page. Categories that are active on this page are available for selection by users.
- Because the Job Interest Categories are activated at the OU level, only users within the affected OUs have access to the selected job interest categories.
Career Center Search Fields
This section enables administrators to determine which additional fields are available as search criteria when searching for jobs within the Career Center.
To make a field available as a search criterion when searching for jobs within the Career Center, select the Active checkbox for the field.
This section is currently only available to organizations using the Recruiting module.
Choose whether to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs. If you choose to overwrite custom settings for child division OUs, the selected settings are applied to both new and existing child OUs. Any previously customized child OUs are updated with the selected settings.
If this option is unselected, then only the child OUs that do not have customized settings will be updated, as well as any OUs that are added in the future.
A child OU that has not been customized always inherits from the parent, regardless of whether this option is selected.
An OU is considered customized if its preferences or settings have been changed.
Submit or Cancel
After selecting the appropriate preferences, clickso save the changes, or click to discard any unsaved changes.