Goals can be organized using perspectives and categories. Perspective and Categories are used to specify to which aspect of the company your goal relates. Each goal is limited to one perspective, but can have multiple categories. Perspectives and categories can be limited in visibility to certain OUs.
Before a user can associate their goal with a perspective or category, the administrator must first create them and make them visible to that user.
Once created, the administrator can deactivate a perspective or category by deselecting the Active checkbox next to it. Deactivated items will remain in the system, but will not be visible to end users. The administrator can also edit or delete an item by clicking the corresponding icon found in the Options column.
Keep these items in mind as you begin mapping out the Perspectives and Categories for your company:
Perspectives can be used to filter performance reviews, but categories cannot.
- Perspectives can be used to filter results in standard reports, but categories cannot. Categories can only be reported on in Analytics.
- If perspectives are enabled, the Goals Library is organized by perspective.
- Each goal can have only one perspective, but can have multiple categories. Also, you cannot limit the number of categories associated with a goal.
Creating a Goal Perspective or Category
- Select .
- Click the or tab (whichever you are creating).
- Click the plus sign at the top of the list.
- In the Perspective or Category field, name your Perspective or Category. This name will be visible during the goals creation process. This field is limited to 100 characters. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- You can set the availability of the perspective/category by company, organizational unit, a set of users, or a group of individuals. From the User Criteria drop-down list, select a group that will be able to view and use the perspective/category. You may have to click the Search icon to continue your search. For example, if you selected Position from the drop-down list, you must then select the appropriate positions. You may select multiple groups in this manner. You also have the option to create a new group. See Group - Create/Edit.
- Select the Include Subordinates checkbox to include the subordinates of the employees of the group you selected. For example, if you selected the Manager position, you may also want to include their subordinates.
Note: Users who are not included in your selection will not be able to view this perspective or category, and as a result they will not be able to associate it with their goal. Be sure all of the required users are included.
- Once all groups have been added, click .