Custom Field Admin - Training Request Forms
To manage training request form custom fields:
- Go to Manage Training Request Form Custom Fields link. . Then, click the
- Go to Training Request Forms tab on the left. . Then, click the
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Training Request Form - Manage||Grant access to create and edit training request forms, manage request form statuses, and manage form statuses for users. This is an administrator permission.||Training Forms Administration|
|Training Request Form Custom Fields - Manage||Grants access to create and edit custom fields used for Training Request Forms. This is an administrator permission.||Training Forms Administration|
Search for a Field
The following filters are available to search for an existing custom field:
- Name - Enter search terms in the filter. The field displays results for a partial or exact match to the search terms.
- Field Type - Select a field type from the drop-down.
- Include Inactive - Check the box to include inactive custom fields in the search.
Once all filters are defined, click. This refreshes the fields table with the filtered results.
Add Custom Field
To create a custom field, click the Add Field icon. This opens the Define field page. From here, you can select the type of field you want to create and define the options for the field if applicable. Information about how to create the specific types of custom fields (i.e., branched dropdown, checkbox, etc.) is available on the "Custom Field Type Options" page in Online Help. See Custom Field Admin - Custom Field Type Options.
This table displays all existing custom fields for the field area. The table is sorted in alphabetical order by name. The Title and Created By columns are sortable. The following information displays in the table:
- Title - This column displays the title of the custom field.
- Type - This column displays the field type, such as radio button or short text box.
- Created By - This column displays the name of the administrator who created the field by last name, first name.
- Active - This column defines the active status of the field. To activate the field, check the box in the Active column. To inactivate the field, uncheck the box.
- Options - The following options are available in the Options column:
- Edit - Click the Edit icon to edit the field. The field type cannot be modified when editing the field. See Custom Field Admin - Custom Field Type Options.
- Delete - Click the Trash Can icon to delete the field. This option is only available if the custom field has not been used. If a field has been used, then it cannot be deleted and the Trash Can icon does not display. There is no audit history available to view custom fields that were deleted. Please reach out to Global Customer Support if additional details are needed for a deleted custom field.
When active, the custom field is available to use by administrators who meet the field's availability requirements. Inactive custom fields are not available to use.
To create a Training Request Form custom field:
- Click Add Field icon .
- Name - Enter name of custom field that will be visible to end user. The maximum character limit is 100. If multiple languages are enabled, click the Translate icon to the right of the field to localize the values to the other available languages.
- Email Tag - Enter the name for the email tag to be associated with this field, and use it to retrieve the value of this field in email communications. The tag must be written in capital letters without spaces. Periods (.) can be used instead of spaces. For example, PROFIT.NET is an acceptable email tag.
- Custom tags are prefixed with the word CUSTOM. For example, for a custom field called Profit Net, the administrator can create the tag, PROFIT.NET, and the system will convert this to CUSTOM.PROFIT.NET.
- Type - From the drop-down list, select the type of field you are creating. The following options are available. See Custom Field Admin - Custom Field Type Options.
- Check box
- Date Field
- Multiple Checkbox
- Numeric Field
- Radio Button
- Scrolling Text Box
- Short Text Box