The administrator can define custom fields that can be added to a user's development plan. Administrators can also determine a type for each custom field, i.e. numeric, drop-down, radio button, text. This functionality allows the administrator to create more specific development plan templates for OUs by including certain custom fields. The user also has the flexibility to use the custom fields created and included by the administrator when the user creates their own development plan.
Custom fields must be created in Custom Field Administration before they can be added to a development plan or development plan template.
To manage custom fields, go to. Then select the appropriate tab on the left.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Development Plan Custom Fields - Manage||Grants access to create and edit custom fields used in development plans and templates. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|
Note: If you have the permission to manage development plan templates, you will automatically have the permission to manage development plan custom fields.
Search for a Field
To search for a custom field:
- Name - Enter the name of the custom field in the field, up to 100 characters.
- Type - From the drop-down list, select the appropriate custom field type.
- Include Inactive - Select this option to include inactive custom fields in the search.
The Fields table displays the following information for each of the existing custom fields:
- Title - The custom field title.
- Type - The custom field type.
- Created By - The creator of the custom field.
- Active - Select this option to activate the custom field. If this field is deselected, the custom field is not available in other areas of the system.
In the options are available in the Options column:
- Edit - Select this icon to edit the existing custom field.
- Remove - Select this icon to remove the custom field.
Add Custom Fields
Note: When adding development plan custom fields to development plans, the custom fields are displayed in the order in which they are created in Custom Field Administration. Because of this, it is important to take consideration when creating custom fields.
To add a new custom field, follow these steps:
- Select the Add Field icon .
- Name - Enter a name for the custom field that will be visible to end user. The character limit for this field is 50. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Type - Select the appropriate custom field type from the drop-down menu. For development plans, Date, Drop-down, Numeric, Radio Button, Scrolling Text Box, and Short Text Box type fields can be created. See Custom Field Admin - Custom Field Type Options.
- Active - Select this option to make the field active.
- Availability - Define which users have the ability to view and access the custom field. The administrator must set the availability of the field if the field is to appear for other administrators and end users in the application. If availability is not set, then the field will not appear in administrator and end user areas of the application. See Setting Availability Overview.
- Click .