Compensation custom fields can be defined by administrators for use in employee compensation statements. Creating compensation custom fields allows administrators to display total rewards information as custom fields on the compensation statement. These custom fields are only used for the employee compensation statement.
To access compensation custom fields, go to. On the Custom Field Administration page, select in the left navigation panel.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Compensation Custom Fields - Manage||Grants ability to define custom fields for the employee compensation statement. This is an administrator permission.||Compensation - Administration|
Search for a Field
The following filters are available to search for an existing custom field:
- Name - Enter search terms in the filter. The field displays results for a partial or exact match to the search terms.
- Field Type - Select a field type from the drop-down.
- Include Inactive - Check the box to include inactive custom fields in the search.
Once all filters are defined, click. This refreshes the fields table with the filtered results.
Add Custom Field
To create a custom field, click the Add Field icon. This opens the Define field page. From here, you can select the type of field you want to create and define the options for the field if applicable. Information about how to create the specific types of custom fields (i.e., branched dropdown, checkbox, etc.) is available on the "Custom Field Type Options" page in Online Help. See Custom Field Admin - Custom Field Type Options.
This table displays all existing custom fields for the field area. The table is sorted in alphabetical order by name. The Title and Created By columns are sortable. The following information displays in the table:
- Title - This column displays the title of the custom field.
- Type - This column displays the field type, such as radio button or short text box.
- Created By - This column displays the name of the administrator who created the field by last name, first name.
- Active - This column defines the active status of the field. To activate the field, check the box in the Active column. To inactivate the field, uncheck the box.
- Options - The following options are available in the Options column:
- Edit - Click the Edit icon to edit the field. The field type cannot be modified when editing the field. See Custom Field Admin - Custom Field Type Options.
- Delete - Click the Trash Can icon to delete the field. This option is only available if the custom field has not been used. If a field has been used, then it cannot be deleted and the Trash Can icon does not display.
When active, the custom field is available to use by administrators who meet the field's availability requirements. Inactive custom fields are not available to use.
Add Custom Field
To add a custom field, follow these steps:
- Select the Add Field icon .
- Name - Enter a name for the custom field that will be visible to end user. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Type - Select the appropriate custom field type from the drop-down menu. For compensation, only Numeric and Date type fields can be created. See Custom Field Admin - Custom Field Type Options.
- Active - Select this option to make the field active.
- Availability - Define which users have the ability to view and access the custom field. The administrator must set the availability of the field if the field is to appear for other administrators and end users in the application. If availability is not set, then the field will not appear in administrator and end user areas of the application. See Setting Availability Overview.
- Click .