Use the Employee Compensation screen to view salary history, associated organizational units (OUs), and easily crate, edit, and delete new salary records. Employee Compensation includes added real time calculations for annual equivalency, so administrators can easily adjust custom annual equivalencies for employees with unique pay schedules that sit outside the default set in Wage Types. When creating a new employee compensation record, information that is already known about the employee, such as their Currency, Wage Type, and Annual Equivalency, is retained to save time when creating a new salary amount.
To access the Employee Compensation page, go to. Select the edit icon for a user.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Employee Salary Management - View||Grants access to the Employee Salary Management page view users' salaries or rates. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, and User. This is an administrator permission.||Compensation - Administration|
|Employee Salary Management||Grants access to the Employee Salary Management page to edit, add, and view users' salaries or rates. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, and User. This is an administrator permission.||Compensation - Administration|
Employee information includes the following information for the employee:
- Last Hire Date
Select the years for which you want to view compensation.
Clickto open the flyout to create new salary information for an employee. When you complete the fields, click the button. The information appears as a row in the compensation table. The fields on the flyout are the same as the fields in the compensation table.
The compensation table contains the following information for an employee:
- Effective Date - Effective date for the salary or rate. Each salary or rate entry in the table must have a unique effective date. Entries in this table are sorted by effective date from newest to oldest.
- Compensation Type - The type of compensation, such as Salary/Rate, Equity, or Health Benefits.
- Wage Type - Type of wage.
- Amount - Amount of the compensation.
- Currency - Currency of the compensation.
- Annual Equivalency - The equivalent annual and hourly rates. For example, if the rate is Annual, then the table displays the annual rate and the hourly rate based on 2080 labor hours per year. If the rate is Hourly, then the table displays the hourly rate and the annual rate based on the number of labor hours that is specified.
for the compensation information you want to remove. When deleted, the compensation record is:
- Removed from Employee Compensation
- Not used for any current or future task
- Not available for custom reports or reporting 2.0
- Click to open the flyout to make changes to an employee's compensation. Click the button to save the changes.
This section is only available if enabled via a backend setting. When enabled, this section displays the following information for each modification to the user's compensation information:
- Effective Date - This displays the date on which the modification is effective.
- Change Date - This displays the date and time at which the modification was made.
- Field Changed - This displays which field was modified.
- Changed From - This displays the original value for the field.
- Changed To - This displays the new value for the field.
- Changed By - This displays the name of the user or task that made the modification. For example, if the modification was made via a compensation task, then the name of the task is displayed.
- Update Type - This displays the type of update that was made.