The Employee Salary Management page allows administrators to view, define, and manage the salaries and rates of users within the system.
- If a compensation plan sets a salary or rate for a user with the same Effective Date as another salary or rate entry for the user, then the value from the compensation task overwrites the previously existing value.
- Salary and rate details that are removed cannot be restored. If a compensation plan is submitted with a Current Salary/Rate value that is removed, then the following occurs:
- If the approver does not have permission to edit the compensation plan, then the Current Salary/Rate value is not removed. This value appears as it was before the plan was submitted.
- If the approver does have permission to edit the compensation plan during the approval process, then the Current Salary/Rate value is updated by using the latest salary or rate value within or before the compensation period.
Note: The system provides a history of the administrator who adds or modifies a user's salary or rate and the date on which it occurred. However, the system does not track the specific changes that are made.
To access Employee Salary Management, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Employee Salary Management - View||Grants access to the Employee Salary Management page view users' salaries or rates. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, and User. This is an administrator permission.||Compensation - Administration|
|Employee Salary Management||Grants access to the Employee Salary Management page to edit, add, and view users' salaries or rates. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, and User. This is an administrator permission.||Compensation - Administration|
When this page is first accessed, no users are displayed. You must conduct a search to display users. Clickingwithout entering any criteria displays all users within the administrator's permission to manage employees' salaries.
Search for a user within the system by Last Name, First Name, User ID, Manager, or Organizational Unit (OU). To include inactive users in the search results, select the Include Inactive Users option. Click to execute the search.
- Only a single manager can be selected.
- Multiple OU criteria can be selected. If multiple OUs are selected, the search returns users that match at least one of the OU criteria.
User Search Results
The following information displays for each user in the search results:
- User - Users in the search results are displayed alphabetically by last name. Users who only have permission to view employee salaries can select a user's name in the Search Results to view the salary details for the user. See Employee Salary Management - Edit Salary Details.
- User ID
- Identifier - This is the main organizational unit identifier for the user.
- Manager - This is the user's manager. The manager's last name is displayed, followed by the manager's first name.
- Current Salary/Rate - This displays the user's current salary or rate. If no salary or rate is set for the user, then this is blank. This column is sortable.
- Currency - This displays the currency in which the user's salary or rate is displayed. This column is sortable.
The following options are available in the Options column:
- View - Click this option to view the user's salary or rate details. See Employee Salary Management - View Details Pop-up.
- Edit - Click this option to edit the user's salary or rate details. This option is only available to administrators who have permission to add and edit employee salary information. See Employee Salary Management - Edit Salary Details.