Curriculum - Create - Step 4 - Pricing
The Pricing section allows you to define a price for the curriculum that supersedes any price set for training items within the curriculum. This allows extended enterprise organizations to achieve a scenario where if the buyer purchases a curriculum, they could pay less than if they bought the courses individually outside of the curriculum. Edits to pricing do not impact users who have already requested or have been assigned a curriculum.
Design Note: An updated interface is available for this page, which can be enabled by administrators in Feature Activation Preferences. With the new design, the functionality of the page is unchanged.
Note: Pricing for curricula cannot be edited via the Course Catalog. Curricula pricing must be edited via Curricula Administration.
To create a curriculum, go to Create a New Curriculum link.. Then, click the
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Curriculum Admin - View||
Grants view only access to curriculum details via Curriculum Administration screen. Does not include ability to view details of users enrolled in curricula. This permission can be constrained by Provider, OU, User's OU, and User's LO Availability.
Adding an OU constraint and a provider constraint to this permission results in an "AND" statement.
Tip: Do not constrain this permission to your entire corporation; it can cause long page load times and timeout errors. Applying this constraint is functionally the same as leaving the permission unconstrained, but omitting this constraint does not cause the system to do the unnecessary constraint checks as in the former scenario.
|Learning - Administration|
|Curriculum Owner||Grants ability for those designated as owner of one or more existing curricula to make edits/updates to those curricula. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
Select one of the following:
- Incremental Pricing - Select this option to set pricing by the sum of its parts. The total cost of the curriculum is set to the total cost of each part within the curriculum.
Curriculum Price - Select this option to set the curriculum price. When a user registers for a curriculum and must pay for the curriculum, the user will only pay the curriculum price. The act of paying for the curriculum purchases all of its internal learning objects and overlooks any individual price settings that those individual learning objects may have. If the user has already purchased a learning object separately and then purchases a curriculum that contains that same learning object, the user is paying for the object twice, and does not receive a discount on the curriculum for already having previously purchased one of its internal learning objects independently. Note: When an event is purchased as part of a curriculum set to curriculum pricing, users will not have to pay for additional sessions of that event. To require payment for additional sessions, either use incremental pricing or create an event that is only used in the curriculum.
Default Price - In this field, enter a default price for the curriculum. This is the price that users pay if there is no other pricing option set for them. If no price is entered, a user may request it for free even though its internal learning objects may have prices set for them. Click the History icon to view previous prices for the curriculum.
Apply Custom Invoice - Check this option to apply a custom invoice to the LO. If no custom invoice is available for the LO, this option is not available.
- Apply Sales Tax - Select this option to apply sales tax to the learning object. To implement sales tax functionality, contact Global Customer Support. A sub-account with Cybersource is required as well as a tax nexus.
- Product Code - Enter the product code for the LO up to 200 characters. Product codes are required if a product is non-taxable or if the product has a non-standard tax rate. When a product code is entered, this value is passed to CyberSource at the time of tax calculation to specify any tax exemptions. This field is only available to organizations using sales tax when the Apply sales tax option is selected.
- Billing Entity - Click the pop-up icon to select a billing entity for the LO. This can be used to define the division within the organization from which the product should be taxed. Once a billing entity is selected, it can be removed by clicking the Remove icon to the right of the value. When a billing entity is selected, this value is passed to CyberSource at the time of tax calculation. This field is only available to organizations using sales tax when the Apply sales tax option is selected. Also, this field is only available to users with permission to manage billing entities.
Default Link Expiration
Select the default expiration date for the subscription link. This can be set to a specific number of days, weeks, months, or years after registration.
Select one of the following Recurring Subscription options for the curriculum:
- Do not allow renewal of subscription. User will have to purchase a new instance of the curriculum - This option is the default.
- Allow users to renew subscription to the curriculum. When renewed, all progress is preserved - When this option is selected, users have the option to renew a curriculum subscription.
- Prior to the expiration date, on the user's transcript they have the option to Launch the curriculum. After the expiration date, they can see it is expired and they have the option to Renew Subscription.
- When a user clicks Renew Subscription, the training is added to the shopping cart and they can repurchase the curriculum. Their curriculum progress is preserved throughout the process.
- Auto-renew users' subscription, preserving all progress. Users will be billed on the default link expiration date - When this option is selected, the subscription is automatically renewed upon the expiration date and the original payment method is used automatically. The behavior varies depending on the original payment method:
- Credit Card - If a credit card is used, a credit card user profile is required for automatic renewal. If a profile is not available, the automatic billing is not processed. The curriculum status becomes Expired and the user must renew manually.
- Request Bill - If Request Bill is used, the user is automatically renewed and billed for the subscription.
- Note: Training Units cannot be used to renew a subscription.
Select this option to set the active price by OU. See the Create Pricing LOs by OU Rules section below for additional information.
Select this option to set the future price by OU. See the Create Pricing LOs by OU Rules section below for additional information.
Select this option to search for historical prices by date.
Create Pricing LOs by OU Rules
Using the OU drop-down, you can set different prices for different organizational units (OUs). If no price is defined for a user, the default price is used. All pricing rules created on the learning object (LO) level expire immediately if any change is made at the group level. If no end date is set for the pricing, the pricing rules are permanent.
Because it is possible that a LO has multiple pricing rules set, the system observes the following rules:
- If a user falls under multiple OUs with multiple pricing rules that have different rankings, the cost associated with the highest (1) ranking is applied.
- If a user falls under multiple OUs with multiple pricing rules that have the same ranking, the cost associated with the lowest price is applied.
Note: Pricing LOs by OU rules is limited to 120 rules.
When a curriculum is reversioned, the expiration rules are copied to the new version.
Click See Curriculum - Create - Step 5 - Training Units. See Curriculum - Create - Step 6 - Structure.to proceed to the Training Units section or the Structure section. The Training Units tab is only available if training units are enabled.