Course Catalog - Pricing
- Note: This tab is not available for video, curriculum, or program LOs. Curricula pricing must be edited via Curricula Administration. See Curricula Administration.
- Note: To enable pricing by learning objects, contact Global Customer Support.
Design Note: An updated interface is available for this page, which can be enabled by administrators in Feature Activation Preferences. With the new design, the functionality of the page is unchanged.
To access the Course Catalog, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
The following options are available in the top portion of the Pricing tab, depending on the portal's configuration:
Enter a default price for the training. The default price is what the user (or user's cost center) is charged when registering for training of no other price is set for the user below. This price is converted into all currencies supported using the Current Conversion Rate table. If the rate is fixed, it is displayed using the Client's Fixed Rate. If not fixed, it displays the Cornerstone Rate. If the seller's currency is incompatible with the buyer's currency, the buyer is shown the price converted from the seller's currency to the buyer's default currency using the Currency Conversion Rate Table (Fixed rate or Cornerstone rate).
Apply Custom Invoice - Check this option to apply a custom invoice to the LO. If no custom invoice is available for the LO, this option is not available.
- Apply Sales Tax - Select this option to apply sales tax to the learning object. To implement sales tax functionality, contact Global Customer Support. A sub-account with Cybersource is required as well as a tax nexus.
- Product Code - Enter the product code for the LO up to 200 characters. Product codes are required if a product is non-taxable or if the product has a non-standard tax rate. When a product code is entered, this value is passed to CyberSource at the time of tax calculation to specify any tax exemptions. This field is only available to organizations using sales tax when the Apply sales tax option is selected.
- Billing Entity - Click the pop-up icon to select a billing entity for the LO. This can be used to define the division within the organization from which the product should be taxed. Once a billing entity is selected, it can be removed by clicking the Remove icon to the right of the value. When a billing entity is selected, this value is passed to CyberSource at the time of tax calculation. This field is only available to organizations using sales tax when the Apply sales tax option is selected. Also, this field is only available to users with permission to manage billing entities.
Override user's OU currency
Select this option to require the user to pay for training with the currency defined for the training rather than the currency defined for their OU. Note: The currency settings must match the payment processor's settings to ensure that the user can check out with the currency defined for the LO. If the payment processor is not configured to accept the user's currency, then the user cannot check out.
This is the price Cornerstone charges the client (the company, not the user) when the billing is reconciled.
Default Link Expiration
This setting determines how long the user has access to the LO after they register for the LO. When the link expires, the user no longer has the option to launch the LO, and they must renew their license. Link expiration does not impact the LO status. For example, if the default link expiration is set to expire 30 days after registration, and a user registers for the LO on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:51AM, the user will have access to the LO for 30 days after registration, and will not be able to access the LO after Feb. 5, 2015 at 8:50AM.
Select this option to set the active price by OU. See the Create Pricing LOs by OU Rules section below for additional information.
Select this option to set the future price by OU. See the Create Pricing LOs by OU Rules section below for additional information.
Select this option to search for historical prices by date.
Create Pricing LOs by OU Rules
Using the OU drop-down, you can set different prices for different organizational units (OUs). If no price is defined for a user, the default price is used. All pricing rules created on the learning object (LO) level expire immediately if any change is made at the group level. If no end date is set for the pricing, the pricing rules are permanent.
Because it is possible that a LO has multiple pricing rules set, the system observes the following rules:
- If a user falls under multiple OUs with multiple pricing rules that have different rankings, the cost associated with the highest (1) ranking is applied.
- If a user falls under multiple OUs with multiple pricing rules that have the same ranking, the cost associated with the lowest price is applied.
Note: Pricing LOs by OU rules is limited to 120 rules.
Once all fields are completed, click.
Note: Adjustments may be made to previous transactions in the form of additional charges (debits) or refunds (credits).
The following FAQs apply to enabling the Override user's OU currency option.
No. The user must place a separate order for items that have a different currency.
No. Coupons can only be redeemed for items with the same currency.
A total does not appear when there are multiple currencies in the shopping cart.
The price of the item is updated the next time the user opens their shopping cart. If the item added to the shopping cart is in a different currency than items that are currently in the shopping cart, then an error message appears indicating that the user can only check out with items that have the same currency.
The user cannot check out with items that have different currencies. The user must place separate orders for items that have different currencies.
The training units are still converted.
The conversion rate is locked at the time of the transaction. However, if the conversion rate is not available at the time of the transaction, then reporting references the current conversion rate at the time the report is created.
- 1 euro = 1.51 USD on 09/07/2012
- 1 euro = 1.61 USD on 09/08/2012
A user pays 10 euros for a training item in their shopping cart on 09/08/2012. After the user completes the checkout process for the training item, the administrator converts the training item's currency to USD. The administrator creates a report. The report indicates that the user paid $15.10 for the training item and not $16.10.