Reviewers (manager, indirect manager, custom relationship, or specific user) may have the ability to reopen previous steps in a performance review. This ability is enabled by the administrator when configuring the performance review task, and when available, the button appears at the bottom of the Review Step Progression section on the Overview page. This can be useful for reopening steps that should be corrected by a reviewer or for reopening steps that are past due.
The following applies when reopening a previous step:
- You can only reopen one review step at a time. If a previous step has been reopened by another user, then this option is not available.
- Reviewees, peers, and subordinates cannot reopen a step.
|EMAIL NAME||EMAIL DESCRIPTION||ACTION TYPE|
|Performance Review Step Reopened||
This email is triggered when a performance review step is reopened in order to alert or remind the user that a performance step has been reopened. When configured, this email is triggered any time a step is reopened, whether it is done by a manager or administrator. This email can be sent to Reviewee, Reviewee's Direct Manager, Reviewee's Indirect Manager, Reviewer, or a specific user.
The REVIEW.REOPENED.STEP.DUE.DATE email tag displays the due date of the performance review step that is reopened. If no due date is defined for the step, then "No Due Date Defined" is displayed.
The system verifies that the review step is still due prior to triggering the email, so if the review step is no longer due, then this email is not triggered.
Reviewee will not receive any step email other than the self step and Similarly, a reviewer cannot receive any email for a Reviewee step.
Reopen a Step
- Click the button to open a pop-up which lists all previous steps that are either completed or past due. When reopening a peer or direct report review step, managers can reopen the step only for select specific users. Managers cannot reopen a step assigned to them.
Select the appropriate step. If the step has multiple reviewers, select the appropriate reviewers. In the Reason field, enter the reason or explanation that will be sent to the person associated with the reopened step via the Performance Review Step Reopened email trigger. This field accepts a maximum of 3,000 characters.
The "Reason" commentary is only included in the Performance Review Step Reopened email trigger if you use the REOPEN.STEP.COMMENT tag.Click to reopen the step.
- Scheduled Tasks page
- My Tasks widget on the Welcome page
- My Assigned Reviews page
The reopened step is open for submission until the task expiration date, but may vary slightly from the original step:
- The ability to edit comments, ratings, and weights is unaffected.
- The ability to view and edit custom fields is unaffected.
- If any later reviewers entered or edited comments, ratings, weights, or fields, then the reopened step displays the updated information if they are visible to the reviewer.
- If the owner of the reopened step also owns a later step in the review, both steps can be open and accessed at the same time.
- The sections from all opened steps appear to the reviewer in the left navigation panel.
- All information previously entered by the reviewer from the reopened step can be edited.
- Reopening a step sends out the appropriate Step Assigned emails (if the emails are enabled). Also, the reopened task displays again in the appropriate user's Scheduled Tasks page and the My Tasks widget on the Welcome page.
- On the Scheduled Tasks page, reopened steps display regardless of whether or not the Display Completed/Expired options are selected.
- Within the pop-up, all previous steps are displayed with the following exceptions:
Frequently Asked Questions
For the user who reopens a previous step, their step in the task still appears with a status of Completed. The Completed status of the user's step does not change when they reopen a previous step. Example: An indirect manager reopens a previous step for the manager. For the manager, the task appears in their Scheduled Tasks list with the status the task was in prior to being reopened (e.g., Completed, Past Due). When the manager completes the reopened step, the indirect manager's step still has a status of "Complete" and does not need to be resubmitted. Thus, reopening the step for the manager does not change how the step appears in the indirect manager's task list.