If the Network Player is enabled and if an online course has been downloaded to a local network, users have the option to launch the course locally or online from their transcript.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
Download Network Player
The Options drop-down menu for users who have permission to download the local network course player.option appears in the
Launch Locally and Launch Online
Theand options appear for an online course if the following is true:
- The user has permission to launch courses offline via the Network Player.
- The course is a SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004 course that was tagged as available for download when it was published.
- At least one course network path was set for the user's organizational unit (OU).
- The option is only available if the course is already downloaded to at least one network path that was set for the user's OU.
Users can click the
- If the course does not exist on a local network, an error message is displayed, indicating that the course can only be launched online.
- If the course does exist on a local network, the system then checks to see if the local network player is installed on the user's computer.
- If the local network player is installed, then the course is launched in the player from the local network.
- If the local network player is not installed, then the user is not able to launch the course. The user can save the course file to their computer, which can be launched after the local network player is installed, provided that the user is still authenticated within the system.
After the course is launched locally and the user closes or completes the course, the network player submits the appropriate user progress information back to the system.
If the online version of the course is out of sync with the downloaded version of the course, then a warning icon is displayed to the left of the option. Users can hover the mouse over the icon to view the warning message, which alerts the user that they should launch the online version of the course. The Warning icon appears if new course files are uploaded or if the course is modified in Course Publisher or Course Builder.
If the course is not available offline or if the user does not have permission to launch courses offline, then theoption appears, as the functionally previously existed.