The Devices tab of My Account enables users to register their mobile phones, tablets or computer. Users must register their mobile phone, tablet, or computer on this page in order to log in to the Cornerstone Learn application using a unique device key.
To access My Account:
- Select the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and select the link.
- Select the Navigation icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and select the link.
Select the Devices tab on the left.
The tab name may appear differently in your portal, depending on the display name configured by the administrator in My Account Preferences.
Note: The Devices tab only displays if enabled by the administrator.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
To register a device, click thebutton. The Add Device pop-up appears.
- In the first field, enter a name for the device. For example, if it is a mobile phone, you may enter "Mobile Phone" or the brand of mobile phone. Note: The Device Name entered here does not persist on the Devices page after a user’s initial login to the Learn App.
- In the second field, enter a temporary five-digit numeric PIN. This PIN must be five numbers, and it will be used during the Device Registration workflow, before configuring a permanent six-digit PIN which will be used to log into the Learn App from then on.
- Click to proceed to the next step.
- The next step displays instructions that must be completed within the Learn app. Do not close the pop-up until the registration process is complete within the Learn app because the Device Key and Temporary PIN information is required to register the mobile device within the app. The portal name will be pre-populated. After completing the registration process, click the button. The registered mobile device appears in the Devices page.
Add Device Via the Learn App
To finish registering your device to the Learn app:
- Open the Learn app on your device.
- Enter your portal name.
- Tap the link on the main screen.
and populate the following information:
- Device Key
- Temporary PIN
Disconnect a Registered Device
To disconnect a registered device, in the Devices table, click thebutton next to the appropriate device. This opens a confirm pop-up. Click to disconnect, or click to stay connected.
After removing your device, you will not be able to log in using that device again, and a new pairing must be created.
Device Entries on the Devices Page
Users are asked to name their device in the initial step of the Device Registration process. This device name does not persist on the Devices page of My Account after the user’s initial login to the Learn App. Rather, users can expect to see a maximum of device entries, per user, per registered device.
Why Two Device entries?
Primary and backup device entries are created when a user registers their device. A backup entry is created, allowing users to log into the Learn app while offline.
How do these device entries appear?
After initial login, the device name input by the user will be replaced by two subsequent device entries: One will be the user’s first and last name. The other entry will be the user’s first and last name, appended with a 7-digit number. Within the latter entry, it is expected that digits change with each login, as a new session is generated each time the user logs in.