When posting an update to the Live Feed, you have the option to attach a file to the post. This can be done to share documents or provide reference material for your post. The option to attach a file to an update is controlled by the system administrator. See the File Restrictions section below for information on attachment restrictions.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Create Media User Update||Grants ability to associate links and files with user updates and tasks. This permission cannot be constrained.||New Connect|
|View New Connect||Grants ability to view the new Connect pages, including Live Feed, All Teams, Team Overview, Team Feed, Team Tasks, Task Details, and Connections. This permission cannot be constrained.||New Connect|
To attach a file to a post, click thebutton.
When you click the Note: The drag-and-drop functionality is not supported by Internet Explorer browsers.button, the Attachment area expands. You can attach a file by dragging and dropping a file into the Attachment area. You can also attach a file by clicking the button and select a file from your computer.
After a file is selected, the progress bar displays as the file is uploaded. After the file has loaded, the attachment appears below the comment box.
An attachment can be removed by clicking the Cancel icon to the right of the attachment name.
The following file restrictions apply:
- Up to three files can be added.
- The maximum file size is configured by the system administrator.
Administrators can update this maximum file size by contacting Global Customer Support.
- The file name cannot exceed 100 characters.
- Executable files cannot be uploaded.
- Files cannot have a hidden extension or no extension.
The following file types are allowed:
- Videos that are uploaded to the system can be streamed to the user with minimal buffering and interruptions.
- When uploading a video to the system, there are Internet browser considerations that determine the default format of the video. In addition, when using mp4 videos, organizations must perform additional configurations in order to ensure that mp4 videos play properly. See Video Streaming.
|Last Published: 9/10/2021||© 2021, Cornerstone OnDemand|