Many organizations use the dynamic assignment functionality in groups and security roles in combination to create a way for administrators to add a user to a security role without requiring permission to access Security Role Administration.
To use groups to assign security roles, follow these steps:
- Create a group with the necessary criteria that will ultimately assign the security role to the user.
- Create the security role that you would like to assign to the users in the group.
- Assign the security role to the group as a dynamic assignment.
After the group initially processes and then on a daily basis after the group processes, any new users who are added to the group either manually or because they meet the criteria for the group will automatically be assigned to the security role.
In this example, you need to create a security role for all HR Managers.
- Create a group that contains users in the HR Manager position.
- Create an HR Manager security role.
- Add the HR Manager group to the HR Manager security role as a dynamic assignment.