Reporting 2.0 - Report Viewer
After a report is saved, you can click the report title on the My Reports page to open the report viewer. When clicking the report for the first time, the report automatically refreshes. The viewer shows the first 2,000 rows of data, which will be randomly selected. Filter properties will be applied if filters were used in the report. If a Chart is included in the Report, the chart will be generated based on the first 2,000 rows of data as well.
To access the report viewer page, go toThen, click the name of a report to open the report viewer.
For more information about Reporting 2.0 permissions, see the following:
- Permissions in Reporting 2.0 - This provides detailed information about Reporting 2.0 permissions.
- Permissions List - This provides the list of permissions and their relationships so that you know which permissions users need to have to create and view reports.
The following options are available when viewing reports in the viewer:
- Refresh icon - Click the refresh icon to update the report with the latest data. It is important to refresh after making changes to the filters.
- Configure your Report Properties - Click the properties icon to open the Report Output Properties panel. You can also set the maximum number of records to generate. The range is from one to one million. By default the number of records is set to 200K.
- Schedule for Now - Click the clock icon to extract reports with user's preferences. When ready, the report is downloaded in the preferred format.
- Export report to Excel file - Click this icon to generate a new report snapshot. The maximum number of records that can be returned in the report is one million. If more than one million rows match your criteria, the rows included will be randomly selected.
- Download/schedule your report icon - Click the cloud icon to open the snapshots screen to view, generate, and schedule snapshots for download. You can also:
- Edit - Click the dotted line to enable the Edit option to appear. Then, click Edit to edit the report. This opens the report builder, where you can modify the report as needed. Then, click to save the changes.
- Copy - Click the dotted line to enable the Copy option to appear. Then, click Copy to copy the report. This opens the report builder, where you can modify the report as needed. Then, click to save the copied report.
- Delete - Click the dotted line to enable the Delete option to appear. Then, click Delete to delete the report.
- Expand/Collapse - When viewing a summary and hierarchy report, an Expand/Collapse option is available so that you can expand and collapse all levels.
- Reset Filters - Click the dotted line to discard the user-defined filter preferences, and returns to the Report Owner filter settings.
- Close - Click the X icon to close this window and return to the Reporting 2.0 Home Page.
Note: The options available in the kebab menu depend on your permissions.
The following user-defined preferences are automatically saved and are re-applied the next time the user visits the Reporting 2.0 Viewer page or extracts the report:
- Report Viewer Properties
- Show/hide Filters
- Show/hide Chart
- Show/hide Chart labels
- Show/hide Data
- Report Data Output Related
Configure Report Properties
Click the properties icon to enable or disable the following report output and viewer properties:
- Hide Report Header
If the Hide Report Header toggle is disabled for a report, users can view the following details from the downloaded report:
- Report Generated Date/Time
- Report Source - Portal address is displayed as a URL
- Display Filter Criteria
- Notify me for report completion
- Maximum number of records - The range is from one to one million. By default the number is set to 200K.
- Auto-Refresh on Open